Kintla Flatlands a tender history in rust
812 Posts
Ooc —
Once upon a time, Junior might have answered Saēna's question with, "Because I said so." Instead, she thought on it a moment, then replied genuinely, "Because... I'd like you to come with me. Or," she realized even as she spoke, "do you mean why am I going? I really like them and they really like me. They want me. Their religion is cool. They're going to live by the sea. I don't know if you've ever seen it but it's wonderful."

Then there was, of course, the other reason, which Junior only mentioned when Saēna brought up Peregrine. "Probably," she said baldly, "but he'll get over it when he and Fox have new puppies to replace us." Her tone was dismissive and vaguely wounded. "Did you know they're planning to do that? Those pups will be their little perfect princes and princesses and we're just last year's garbage. Our parents aren't even together," the youth pointed out, ignoring the fact that Saēna was technically adopted. When the pale girl mentioned mom, she didn't think twice and assumed she meant Hawkeye, who'd also left the plateau to pursue happiness... and more likely than not also planned to make new babies.

"And no, he really can't. Well, it's not like he can't but that he shouldn't. The Nereides... they don't think much of boys. Pura would be stuck at the bottom of the pack. I just don't think he belongs. He'd be happier if he stayed here. But you and me and Ty... they celebrate girls. Girls are in charge. It's all about girl power. Doesn't that sound like something you'd like? We could become Amazons and High Priestesses! I bet you'd be a good priestess, Saēna."
Messages In This Thread
a tender history in rust - by Junior - August 27, 2014, 08:23 PM
RE: a tender history in rust - by Saēna - August 28, 2014, 09:36 AM
RE: a tender history in rust - by Junior - August 28, 2014, 09:57 AM
RE: a tender history in rust - by Saēna - August 29, 2014, 08:22 PM
RE: a tender history in rust - by Junior - August 29, 2014, 08:46 PM
RE: a tender history in rust - by RIP Tytonidae - August 30, 2014, 10:46 AM
RE: a tender history in rust - by Dante RIP - August 30, 2014, 11:38 AM
RE: a tender history in rust - by Junior - September 13, 2014, 12:32 PM
RE: a tender history in rust - by Saēna - September 15, 2014, 05:15 PM
RE: a tender history in rust - by RIP Tytonidae - September 26, 2014, 06:55 PM
RE: a tender history in rust - by Dante RIP - September 26, 2014, 07:43 PM