Neverwinter Forest I'm an accelerant, baby
120 Posts
Ooc — Jess
At the best of times, Jackalope tolerated children- but this was not the best of times. So when he snorted at the boy's comment, a small trickle of blood trickled from his nose and he had to squint and hold his breath in order to keep himself from either hissing profanities or clenching his teeth. Not that he cared whether or not the kid heard him cussing- he just knew that words hurt, and that profanities were often more percussive than normal words and therefore more painful. He looked at the kid again. Unusual pelt on him- and a dainty little heart shape on his forehead. What a nerd. 

When he moved forward, Jackalope's lips quivered, a mild warning that he did not want to be touched or tampered with. He knew he shouldn't outright threaten a child...Even if he did look like he was about preteen age or so. It was too soon to do that. He'd get kicked to the curb if the kid ratted him out for being a jackass, so he tried to temper his frustration and simply ignore the boy who seemed to think he could do something to help Jackalope. And to Jackalope's relief, he did do something that helped- he left. Jackalope breathed a sigh, and hunched his shoulders again, hoping that the kid just got distracted from whatever it was he was gone off looking for, and didn't come back. Maybe he'd get the hint that Jackalope didn't want to be pals with some nerd with a heart on his forehead. 

But he heard the boy's pawsteps approaching again and Jackalope's hackles bristled weakly against the falling rain, and he turned his head somewhat sharply when Caerus gingerly placed a small ball of...Well, he wasn't sure what it was. A cocoon? Why the hell was he bringing him a cocoon? Did he want Jackalope to shove it up his nose to stop the bleeding or what? Jackalope tossed his head, and with a flick of his paw, sent the little ball of cobwebs flying out into the stream where it was quickly washed away. "Nuh th'nks, wit-th doc-trr," He commented dryly. Whatever it was Caerus thought that the cocoon-like thing would do, Jackalope wasn't having it. He wasn't exactly going to take medical advice from a kid, no matter how well-meaning he seemed. He'd already gone ahead and more or less done his reputation in by calling Jackalope a 'loser.' His ego was fragile, and his patience paper-thin already.

He turned his head to get another look at the boy, and found himself wondering if he wasn't some distant relation of the piebald male he'd seen on the cliffs. The thought made him scrunch his nose up- which was a bad idea. It triggered a very spontaneous- and explosive- sneeze, sending a gush of air, spittle and blood directly in the boy's direction.
Messages In This Thread
I'm an accelerant, baby - by Jackalope - August 11, 2020, 05:33 PM
RE: I'm an accelerant, baby - by Caerus - August 11, 2020, 07:05 PM
RE: I'm an accelerant, baby - by Jackalope - August 11, 2020, 07:26 PM
RE: I'm an accelerant, baby - by Caerus - August 11, 2020, 07:58 PM
RE: I'm an accelerant, baby - by Jackalope - August 11, 2020, 08:12 PM
RE: I'm an accelerant, baby - by Caerus - August 11, 2020, 08:35 PM
RE: I'm an accelerant, baby - by Jackalope - August 11, 2020, 08:49 PM
RE: I'm an accelerant, baby - by Caerus - August 11, 2020, 09:41 PM
RE: I'm an accelerant, baby - by Jackalope - August 11, 2020, 09:55 PM
RE: I'm an accelerant, baby - by Caerus - August 27, 2020, 11:35 AM
RE: I'm an accelerant, baby - by Miriam - August 27, 2020, 11:40 AM