Neverwinter Forest I worked it in to look like that
120 Posts
Ooc — Jess
The noise-making continued as more of the cranes bgan to land, and while it'd seemed quiet and flutelike while they were in the air, now that they were so close, their voices were raucous, high-pitched and insanely irritating. Jackalope didn't put up with anything irritating on the best of days, and regarded the birds with a dour expression. Would they shut up and sleep for the night, or would they sleep in shifts, leaving a chosen noisy few to remain on guard?

He wasn't the only one who was drawn to the commotion though, nor was he the only one who seemed to think that the birds were not only terribly out of place, but annoying. "A lot," Came his simple answer. Their beaks were long and pointed, and their legs looked long enough that they could potentially be swifter on foot than any other bird Jackalope had seen before. Still- he wanted to test the waters with them, even if it was just a learning experience. "Wanna play a game of dare?" He asked, turning to his companion with a glimmer of mischeif in his dull grey eyes. "C'mon. We each take two steps at a time. See who can get the closest to those stick-legged swamp-gulls without having their eyes jabbed out." He said, and he stood up. 

The cranes continued to talk amongst themselves, and a few glanced his way but for the most part, they seemed unphased by the predator who was now clearly visible. They had strength in numbers and they were facing a wolf who was weak with stupidity. He winked at Vallkyrie. "C'mon." He said, and took two steps from where he'd been first observing the birds. They didn't balk. "Your turn." It would take her one step to meet him, and then another to pass him- and put herself in the winning position.
Messages In This Thread
I worked it in to look like that - by Jackalope - September 27, 2020, 10:56 AM
RE: I worked it in to look like that - by Vallkyrie - September 29, 2020, 04:23 PM
RE: I worked it in to look like that - by Jackalope - September 30, 2020, 03:44 PM
RE: I worked it in to look like that - by Nuala - October 01, 2020, 11:22 PM
RE: I worked it in to look like that - by Vallkyrie - October 18, 2020, 12:02 PM
RE: I worked it in to look like that - by Jackalope - October 18, 2020, 12:22 PM
RE: I worked it in to look like that - by Nuala - November 06, 2020, 09:42 PM
RE: I worked it in to look like that - by Vallkyrie - November 18, 2020, 02:16 PM
RE: I worked it in to look like that - by Jackalope - November 19, 2020, 03:03 PM
RE: I worked it in to look like that - by Nuala - November 19, 2020, 08:32 PM
RE: I worked it in to look like that - by Vallkyrie - November 20, 2020, 04:24 PM
RE: I worked it in to look like that - by Jackalope - November 20, 2020, 07:22 PM
RE: I worked it in to look like that - by Nuala - December 06, 2020, 02:09 AM
RE: I worked it in to look like that - by Vallkyrie - December 18, 2020, 10:17 PM
RE: I worked it in to look like that - by Nuala - January 04, 2021, 07:47 PM
RE: I worked it in to look like that - by Vallkyrie - February 07, 2021, 01:36 PM