Sequoia Coast magic 8-ball
812 Posts
Ooc —
Tagging: @Manauia :)

Junior would never admit it out loud — she was still having trouble admitting it to herself — but she was growing bored and restless now that life had more or less settled down in the sound. Suddenly, she experienced a strong itch to get away, wander and explore. It was more than that, though. As life slowed, that gave her choices a chance to finally catch up to her. And with free time on her hands, she had plenty of time to begin feeling homesick.

Going back to the plateau was out of the question for several reasons, though. First of all, Junior couldn't bear to admit she might have made a mistake. She still didn't feel that way, necessarily. She also couldn't stand the thought of facing her father in that case, either. He might turn her away. Whatever happened, she could never go back there.

Trying not to feel dismal about this, Junior wandered away from her new home, enjoying a long walk on the beach. The air was pleasantly cool but the dreary gray sky did little to improve her mood. Hundreds of thoughts winged through her head like little birds, including ones of where she might go and what she might do if she decided life with the Nereides wasn't for her after all.

Junior suddenly spotted an island across narrow channel of seawater — the tide was currently low — and stopped, staring across at the strange atoll. Maybe I could swim over there, she mused, and claim the island for my own. Then I could become the crazy hermit island queen! She pursed her lips, large black ears drawing back as she slowly exhaled.
Messages In This Thread
magic 8-ball - by Junior - September 17, 2014, 10:22 AM
RE: magic 8-ball - by Manauia IA - September 18, 2014, 08:48 PM
RE: magic 8-ball - by Junior - September 20, 2014, 05:18 PM
RE: magic 8-ball - by Manauia IA - September 26, 2014, 08:09 PM
RE: magic 8-ball - by Junior - October 03, 2014, 06:54 PM
RE: magic 8-ball - by Manauia IA - October 10, 2014, 09:20 PM
RE: magic 8-ball - by Junior - October 11, 2014, 11:08 AM
RE: magic 8-ball - by Manauia IA - October 20, 2014, 06:54 AM
RE: magic 8-ball - by Junior - October 29, 2014, 10:16 AM
RE: magic 8-ball - by Manauia IA - October 29, 2014, 10:23 AM