Broken Antler Fen I thought of you when I heard that song
divinity; ichor of gods
36 Posts
Ooc — delaney
when roswell finally quiets; eyes of goldkissed champagne settling upon the stranger as he waits with answers for his rapid-fire questions with baited breath. pyramus, he introduces himself as.

pyr...ah...mus, roswell sounds it out, cringing in the hopes that he didn't entirely butcher it. uhm, can i call you pyr? the starry eyed child asks; keeping the fullness of his new friend's — because they exchanged names and thus they were friends in his mind still full with childish innocence — name close.

there was an unspoken power to names; a tickle of magic that roswell feels feathering in his throat. nicknames, kept the full force of it at bay. you can call me roz. he offers in penance for the potential butchering of pyramus' name.

pyramus mentions a woman by the name of thisbe though she is absent; though roswell's gaze follows the invisible path that that pyramus' gesture creates. a frown tugs at the corners of roswell's muzzle at the word 'halflings' immediately thinking it's an ugly word.

course we do! roswell blurts out, as if it were the most obvious answer in the world; the quirk of his brow saying 'well, why wouldn't they?'. let me call! he says on the next tumbling breath, excitement coursing through his veins at the thought that this is his first real act as a guardian — the thought that he might earn a scolding for being at the borders by himself not yet making itself present.

our leaders are @Teya, and my dad, @Eljay. the line between adopted and otherwise had long since been erased as roswell name drops eljay after the title of 'father'. though he does not forget ibis — his birth mother — maia and eljay had stepped into the roll(s) with her untimely death and were his parents as far as he was concerned.

roswell's childish howl trembles over the treeline; thin and reedy and not yet harboring the strength that it would in a few months time; echoing back at him in the distance as he waits with barely contained joy; trying so very hard to keep up some semblance of appearance of cool, calm and collected.

2/3 threads
Messages In This Thread
I thought of you when I heard that song - by Pyramus - September 22, 2021, 02:42 PM
RE: I thought of you when I heard that song - by Roswell - September 23, 2021, 10:31 AM
RE: I thought of you when I heard that song - by Pyramus - September 23, 2021, 10:54 AM
RE: I thought of you when I heard that song - by Roswell - September 23, 2021, 01:42 PM
RE: I thought of you when I heard that song - by Pyramus - September 23, 2021, 04:43 PM
RE: I thought of you when I heard that song - by Roswell - September 24, 2021, 09:11 AM
RE: I thought of you when I heard that song - by Pyramus - September 24, 2021, 12:19 PM
RE: I thought of you when I heard that song - by Roswell - September 25, 2021, 02:00 PM
RE: I thought of you when I heard that song - by Pyramus - September 25, 2021, 02:30 PM
RE: I thought of you when I heard that song - by Teya - September 25, 2021, 03:41 PM
RE: I thought of you when I heard that song - by Roswell - September 25, 2021, 05:52 PM
RE: I thought of you when I heard that song - by Pyramus - September 25, 2021, 06:12 PM
RE: I thought of you when I heard that song - by Teya - September 26, 2021, 12:01 PM
RE: I thought of you when I heard that song - by Roswell - September 26, 2021, 12:08 PM
RE: I thought of you when I heard that song - by Pyramus - September 26, 2021, 06:51 PM
RE: I thought of you when I heard that song - by Teya - September 27, 2021, 01:40 PM
RE: I thought of you when I heard that song - by Roswell - September 28, 2021, 06:42 AM
RE: I thought of you when I heard that song - by Pyramus - September 29, 2021, 02:15 PM
RE: I thought of you when I heard that song - by Teya - October 03, 2021, 04:57 PM
RE: I thought of you when I heard that song - by Roswell - October 04, 2021, 10:22 AM
RE: I thought of you when I heard that song - by Pyramus - October 05, 2021, 02:06 PM
RE: I thought of you when I heard that song - by Teya - October 12, 2021, 04:48 PM