Duskfire Glacier die with memories, not dreams
32 Posts
Ooc —
It eased her of thoughts; getting to hear the story of another. A small smile drew upon her facial features, listening intently to what was shared.

If only my folks were similar. Perhaps then I could have been raised doing something I enjoyed... And, I only say that meaning, by assumption, you enjoy being able to care for others in such a way through medicine. I was often warned to not stick my neck out for others when my life could mean more. Though, that was one lesson I never quite obeyed.

Oh, the irony. One minute you're told to turn away, but you end up at the head of it all. Askari quite admired Lane for that. She followed where fate led her, rather than listening to those who tell her she can't. 

A content feeling remained partial, even after an inquiry was made of her dame and sire. It was never seen as a happy tale, but it wasn't one she would allow to hold her down.

With a small shake of her head, Askari tipped her ears aside a tad. My mother passed when I was only a young lass. She was a kind soul and taught me much... unfortunately, her life was short lived. It was my father who did the most to raise me. As his only child, the man worked so hard to mold me into a future version of him. An alpha who cared only for authority, control, and obedience. By the time he was ready to pass leadership to me, I refused and it sent him into a raging fit. He called an order upon one of the Kāvalar to execute me for betraying my people. However, the particular one he named was a close friend of mine. After forcing me further into the wood, he claimed he would do just as he was commanded out of the sight of those who couldn't bear to watch. Instead of killing me, he told me to run and never come back. Up until now, it has been my assumption that my father was told I was dead and they found a replacement for me. Many words spoken, a break was needed to catch her breath. This wasn't often told, and anytime it was, it stung deep.

Perhaps I would have accepted, but only in the case that it weren't in the way he wanted, She added slowly.

The pack was like my family, but I could never go on to lead them in a way I didn't believe in. Living that way would have been just as much, if not more of a death sentence than my father bade upon me that day.
Messages In This Thread
die with memories, not dreams - by Askari - November 16, 2021, 11:12 PM
RE: die with memories, not dreams - by Lane - November 17, 2021, 03:47 PM
RE: die with memories, not dreams - by Askari - November 17, 2021, 04:07 PM
RE: die with memories, not dreams - by Lane - November 17, 2021, 04:37 PM
RE: die with memories, not dreams - by Askari - November 17, 2021, 04:54 PM
RE: die with memories, not dreams - by Lane - November 19, 2021, 09:05 AM
RE: die with memories, not dreams - by Askari - November 19, 2021, 01:17 PM
RE: die with memories, not dreams - by Lane - November 20, 2021, 10:47 AM
RE: die with memories, not dreams - by Askari - November 22, 2021, 12:05 PM
RE: die with memories, not dreams - by Lane - November 22, 2021, 05:39 PM
RE: die with memories, not dreams - by Askari - November 22, 2021, 10:45 PM