Deepwood Weald I can do this all for you
2 Posts
Ooc — Apricity
Away
Even if the fluorescent wolf was tucked carefully beneath the sheltered embrace of sprawling plants, the pungent odor, obtrusive to her tender nose, might as well have been a blatant sign which said ’I’m right here! Come and find me! A sickened voice prompts the peppered wolf to pivot on her axis, the gems of her eyes pinpointing the exact spot in which the stranger had spoken. With all of her wit, as intelligent as she is, she is dumbfounded by the question just leveled by the stranger. Truly, who was she now? Should she take a chance and flaunt her name at the risk of recognition, or embellish herself with a foreign epithet? Welkin had not provided herself with ample time to dictate how she would approach this sickly wolf. 

”A wolf like yourself, clearly.” She snorts sardonically. ”My name is Welkin- Welkin Hollybrook.”

She was admittedly a bit condescending in tone and inwardly scolded herself. Surely, Welkin, you did not just sound so condescending to the first wolf you’ve encountered here? No matter, what was done was irreversible.

Maneuvering forwards through the sluggish current, Welkin’s paws would settle within crevices between the pebbled stones. From her vantage the acrid tang of fish seemingly lathed her tongue, and a disgust curled at her lip. Alabaster bones were scattered haphazardly across the flattened expanse, clinging dearly to what had once been a sizable fish. The strawberry wolf which laid sprawled across the pliant strands of grass looked no better for wear. Balmy beads of sweat clung to her sickly strands, an outstretched limb, shredded and seething red, seemingly held lame. Peeping through the pungent fish was the smell of infection, unmistakable and alarming. 

This wolf would not last much longer with winter’s arriving clutches settling upon this land. 

”I can offer you my help in exchange for a small favor. It seems you care deeply for your own life, and that leg reeks of infection.”

An unpredictable gust ferries along the obtrusive stench, prompting a clear flinch from Welkin’s nose. A disapproving tch follows the reaction, a dubious squint leveled at the she-wolf.

”I’m surprised you chose fish of all things to eat in your feverish state. Not the wisest choice… if you feel the need to empty the contents of your stomach, do so away from me.”

”Now, she begins, an anticipating gleam bubbling within her visage, ”If you want me to tend to that leg, you’ll have to tell me a bit about this place. Potential dangers, prey-rich spots- anything I should know. Otherwise”, at this Welkin leers above the blonde, meeting her amethyst gems, ”You can chance how much farther your tripod stance will carry you. I don’t care much for which option you choose, so make up your mind quickly.”

Domineering, the falsity of her statement is veiled by a nonchalant shrug. Welkin held no intention of leaving this stranger so vulnerable to suffer a lengthy expiration.

But she had to get the wolf’s knowledge out somehow, didn’t she?

”So which will it be?
Messages In This Thread
I can do this all for you - by Bridget - November 27, 2021, 12:07 AM
RE: I can do this all for you - by Welkin - November 27, 2021, 01:14 PM
RE: I can do this all for you - by Bridget - November 27, 2021, 11:10 PM
RE: I can do this all for you - by Welkin - November 28, 2021, 01:05 PM
RE: I can do this all for you - by Bridget - November 28, 2021, 08:36 PM