Ankyra Sound sound bite
812 Posts
Ooc —
I decided to edit my formerly read only post in here. :)

She managed neither. He slipped from her grasp and the situation finally seemed to really register with him. Junior showed her teeth as he backpedaled away from her, then spun and scrambled away. She loped after him a ways, stopping only when he led her far outside the sound. Soon, he became a black splotch in the distance before disappearing altogether.

"Stupid, idiotic man!" she shouted after him, nodding decisively as if to punctuate her words. Junior wondered if any of her would-be sisters were watching or listening. She hoped so. She might not have sacrificed him but she'd definitely played the role expected of her. She was a bona fide feminist now, well on her way to Amazonian status.

She strode back toward the sound, proud as a rooster. Yet once she reached the borders and trekked back into the woods, her pompous demeanor deserted her abruptly. Junior stopped in a sliver of September sunlight and her ears tilted uncertainly even as her tail wilted. She thought back on what she'd just done, how she'd behaved, and a feeling of disgust crept over her. The faces of her father, her brother and Dante flashed through her head in rapid succession. Suddenly, she was retching on her own forepaws.

I can't do this, she thought between heaves. I can't do this. As she vomited, it was as if her desire to be part of the sisterhood was flushed out too. She couldn't live in a society that was called upon to treat males this way. She just couldn't. She'd made a huge mistake in joining the Nereides so quickly and blindly pledging to their cause. She couldn't go forward but she couldn't go back either. Junior felt like the despair would choke her even as a sob wrenched its way loose from her burning, tightening throat.

She shot a glance over her silky black shoulder, her eyes streaming, then stepped over the puddle of sick and fled. She did not look back as she crossed the sound's freshly-laid borders and galloped inland. She headed toward neither the bay nor the plateau. With nowhere to turn, Junior instead ran in the direction of the unknown wildernesses beyond her homeland.
Messages In This Thread
sound bite - by Junior - September 17, 2014, 11:38 AM
RE: sound bite - by Summer Ostrega - September 17, 2014, 07:14 PM
RE: sound bite - by Junior - September 20, 2014, 05:21 PM
RE: sound bite - by Summer Ostrega - September 22, 2014, 08:05 AM
RE: sound bite - by Junior - September 22, 2014, 09:20 AM
RE: sound bite - by Summer Ostrega - September 22, 2014, 12:32 PM
RE: sound bite - by Junior - September 23, 2014, 08:32 AM
RE: sound bite - by Summer Ostrega - September 23, 2014, 10:34 AM
RE: sound bite - by Junior - September 23, 2014, 10:38 AM
RE: sound bite - by Summer Ostrega - September 23, 2014, 11:52 AM
RE: sound bite - by Junior - September 23, 2014, 12:16 PM