Duskfire Glacier He's one of the good ones
187 Posts
Ooc — hela
Lane had been hoping that Isso would have chosen a mate by now. Tuulu sighed. He has been somewhat grim about the topic any time I have brought it up, the Tatkret told her. I am not sure what happened, but he does not seem to think he will have a mate or children this spring. His brother was not super willing to speak of his feelings, but Tuulu knew him well enough to know something was off about the way he spoke of not having a family. The northerner was not one to pry or force others to talk about things that made them uncomfortable, so he had not pushed the subject. 

He listened and smiled as Lane spoke of how she still wanted to help her pack and be an ambassador; she was very good at both in his opinion. But when she hinted at him being a beta along side her, his eyebrows lifted and his heart skipped a beat. He hadn't been considering leadership at all. He liked to help the pack because that was what you did, and he genuinely cared about everyone's well-being. 

But could he be second in command to his brother? He, of course, liked the sound of being able to help Lane in her leader duties. But he didn't know if he was the type to lead. What if the pack was upset with his ascension through the ranks? It was more doubt than he had felt in a long time. He had come here and been happy to be working behind the scenes, probably because it was less responsibility. It had been nice not to be under the weight of purpose as he had been at home. But it was Lane who was asking, and he had a very hard time telling her no. Plus, his doubts and reservations were all a bit childish. 

He drew in a deep breath and released it slowly, his muscular shoulders moving up and then down with the movement. I am not sure I will do well as second in command, Tuulu told her first. But, I will certainly try my best. He kissed her cheek. And it will be nice to be able to help you bear some of the weight of leadership. He had wanted to do that for a while, and this was his opportunity.
Messages In This Thread
He's one of the good ones - by Lane - February 09, 2022, 07:18 PM
RE: He's one of the good ones - by Tuuluuwaq - February 09, 2022, 07:40 PM
RE: He's one of the good ones - by Lane - February 09, 2022, 09:13 PM
RE: He's one of the good ones - by Tuuluuwaq - February 09, 2022, 09:54 PM
RE: He's one of the good ones - by Lane - February 19, 2022, 10:08 AM
RE: He's one of the good ones - by Tuuluuwaq - February 20, 2022, 01:15 PM
RE: He's one of the good ones - by Lane - February 26, 2022, 10:52 AM
RE: He's one of the good ones - by Tuuluuwaq - March 01, 2022, 03:06 PM
RE: He's one of the good ones - by Lane - March 02, 2022, 04:23 PM
RE: He's one of the good ones - by Tuuluuwaq - March 03, 2022, 03:57 PM
RE: He's one of the good ones - by Lane - March 11, 2022, 03:22 PM