Panther Park I've got this sentimental heart that beats
187 Posts
Ooc — hela
Her answer was very Lane, as was the searching look she gave him after her admission. She always seemed so confident and sure, but with him, she seemed to need assurance that he accepted her for who she was. He would offer her that reassurance as often as she needed it. She would find only thoughtful curiosity on his face. 

She continued, expanding on her previous answer. He didn't think she had ever really told him of the events leading up to her children being born. Hearing that it had been a mistake made him frown—not because he judged her for it, but because he didn't like hearing that things had been difficult for her last spring. He also didn't think he would call her a bad mother. I do not know about that, he said gently. Veteran seems to be growing into a good young man. From what the Tatkret could tell anyway. As for Lane's daughter, well he didn't know much about her at all. I think you are being to hard on yourself. He brushed his nose along her cheek. He had no frame of reference here, being that he was not a parent himself. He felt like anything he could offer would seem like a platitude. 

She brought up the subject of mates. He wondered if she had considered him for a potential mate. Surely she had considering the whole reason for courting was to eventually take that step. I would be honored to have you as my mate and the mother of my children, he told her, honest as always. It is something I have thought of often. I would just like to ask you properly if that is okay. She deserved that. If that is something that you want, he added, wanting to make sure she didn't feel pressured or obligated.
Messages In This Thread
I've got this sentimental heart that beats - by Tuuluuwaq - February 23, 2022, 06:12 PM
RE: I've got this sentimental heart that beats - by Tuuluuwaq - March 11, 2022, 08:05 PM