Cedar Sweep Do you believe
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
Rye paid no mind to Ensio, not out of disrespect, but out of sheer focus on their alpha, although hearing the boy corroborate his story made the father feel more justified. The man breathed deeply with Lane, under the control of monkey see, monkey do; quickly after, settling to his haunches. His wrath was now waterlogged, the once raging fire was diminished to sizzling embers. The father listened to his alphas counter case, a scrutinizing edge to his gaze as she talked. Too many details had been omitted from the mans testimony, the scar was not enough to enunciate how dire things could be, and as selfish as it was, Rye would keep it that way. Too prideful to admit his mistake, it was done in haste after all, he had been made a fool. 

Lane gave Rye confidence she would prevent war, citing she had already declined one to back up her word, the epsilon wanted to counter argue that it may not be a matter of choice but he bit his tongue. She let him stand on his soap box, now she had that right. The mans alpha requested a favor, to wait and see if peace was an option, the idea of waiting twisted his guts. His instincts blared at him to get out while he still could, they screamed in his ear but having respect for his long time friend, and alpha, complicated things. The father was at a cross roads, Lane wasn't wrong, his foot was out the door and primed to take the step but giving the benefit of the doubt may prove fruitful.

Rye sighed, casting his gaze to the ground for a moment before lifting it back to Lane. "Although I do not have faith in the peace making option, I will put my faith in you, Lane. I cannot recall a time you have lead me astray." He admitted, sounding almost hopeful. "In return, I must ask a favor." He prepared his words carefully, not comfortable with the idea of letting his true intentions be known. "I need to speak with a friend across the mountains, inform them my family has been found, the trip will not be longer then." He paused, contemplating on the amount of days he needed, coming to a swift conclusion. "A week, yes a week should suffice. Likely sooner, I don't plan on visiting long. I need you to take care of my family, look after them, check in on them day by day. Please." He still needed to address everything else Lane said but in truth, he was lost, his inner turmoils had not yet produced a victor. "Before you respond, I need you to know that I understand you're in a shi-" Rye eyed Ensio. "Er, crappy spot and I don't mean to cause undue strife in your life but as you said, family is important." He paused to sigh. "I just can't risk losing them again." There were still loads he didn't address but Rye wanted to focus on what he had ready in his mind, to hell with everything else, for now.         
"If you lose yourself, your courage soon will follow.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
Messages In This Thread
Do you believe - by Rye - March 07, 2022, 01:22 PM
RE: Do you believe - by Lane - March 09, 2022, 03:14 PM
RE: Do you believe - by Rye - March 09, 2022, 05:11 PM
RE: Do you believe - by Ensio - March 09, 2022, 05:28 PM
RE: Do you believe - by Lane - March 11, 2022, 01:33 PM
RE: Do you believe - by Rye - March 11, 2022, 10:03 PM
RE: Do you believe - by Sakari - March 21, 2022, 01:21 PM
RE: Do you believe - by Ensio - March 26, 2022, 08:49 PM
RE: Do you believe - by Lane - April 12, 2022, 09:48 AM