Hideaway Strath Watch me dancing
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

When the wolf spoke, the hound could not help it when a crude snarl curled upon his lip. Not many had ever addressed him in this way. But despite the urge, Arashi could not yet provoke their newest recruit. Just as Sakari had once warned him... it would only scare them away; or worse, turn them into yet another enemy.

He remained silent from here, listening as they bantered. 

"My name is Adlartok Arrluk, but you can call me Tok or Ad."

So many ways to say a name. Why need it be so difficult? It was a fucking name.

Once the man had finally shut his maw, the hound lifted his chin and snorted, proboscis flaring. So... you like to talk, He uttered, teeth clicking sharply together.

A chatterbox; not to mention one with a sharp tongue. A limp. So far, Arashi was not overly impressed.

Some things you should know about me, Adlartok. I don't have the time, nor patience to sit here and listen to your ongoing banter. When asked a question, answer it with a simple phrase. No addition side commentary. It's useless, just like all of your little "nicknames". Your name is Adlartok, so that is what you will be called. Jarring words, maybe, but necessary all the same. Fury had his time with the Private. Now it was Arashi's turn.

Sauntering slowly, he began to circle the newcomer. The majority of whom you will find within The Saints are soldiers. Each are disciplined well and taught to live up to the best of their ability; to reach their absolute potential by any and all means. If this is where you seek to be placed, then you should pay careful mind to my words. Or, you can choose to ignore them... maybe become something else entirely... a hunter, storyteller, spy... whichever you will. That, or you'll end up right back where you started. Without a pack altogether. Which do you think you will choose?

Call this all what you will, but Arashi saw it as only one simple thing: a test, one of purity, decisiveness, and commitment. He had yet to see promise in Adlartok, but perhaps the results of this assessment would change that, even if only slightly.

Messages In This Thread
Watch me dancing - by Adlartok - June 05, 2022, 09:28 PM
RE: Watch me dancing - by Arashi - June 05, 2022, 10:36 PM
RE: Watch me dancing - by Adlartok - June 06, 2022, 06:02 AM
RE: Watch me dancing - by Arashi - June 06, 2022, 12:18 PM
RE: Watch me dancing - by Adlartok - June 06, 2022, 01:00 PM
RE: Watch me dancing - by Arashi - June 06, 2022, 01:55 PM
RE: Watch me dancing - by Adlartok - June 06, 2022, 02:21 PM
RE: Watch me dancing - by Arashi - June 06, 2022, 10:50 PM
RE: Watch me dancing - by Adlartok - June 06, 2022, 11:21 PM
RE: Watch me dancing - by Arashi - June 07, 2022, 10:48 AM