Two Rivers Isle Last night I smoked a cigarette
24 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
The man gave praise and Goliad let that thin smile appear again upon his face, and he tipped his chin, letting his eyes slowly close so that they formed happy crescents. It was a good sign when leadership was happy; that was something his father often talked about, and pushed his sons to embody. He had wanted someone to take over as deputy eventually - although most of Goliad's siblings were less mental, and more physical, which made them ill-suited. Why he thought of them now as this man bore his soul so outwardly, he could not fathom.

Ulrich declared himself not a romantic; there was no word for such a thing according to Goliad, who did not understand it at first. As the man went on to speak of his wife being thus, he could at least figure out it was some feminine aspect, and not something men were meant to experience.

I will keep it secret, of course, he answered — his eyes flashing open again, and bright, almost mirthful. For my people, something such as love does not enter in to the equation of a betrothal - which, I know you said you did not have - he was quick to bring that up, and flashed his front teeth as a little smirk as he continued: But I do know what it is to be forbidden. You ended up taking what you wanted, whether directly or indirectly. That makes you powerful.

That was, somehow, a compliment.
Messages In This Thread
Last night I smoked a cigarette - by Ulrich - January 06, 2023, 01:34 AM
RE: Last night I smoked a cigarette - by Goliad - January 06, 2023, 01:38 AM
RE: Last night I smoked a cigarette - by Ulrich - January 06, 2023, 01:50 AM
RE: Last night I smoked a cigarette - by Goliad - January 06, 2023, 01:59 AM
RE: Last night I smoked a cigarette - by Ulrich - January 06, 2023, 02:13 AM
RE: Last night I smoked a cigarette - by Goliad - January 06, 2023, 02:22 AM
RE: Last night I smoked a cigarette - by Ulrich - January 06, 2023, 02:36 AM
RE: Last night I smoked a cigarette - by Goliad - January 06, 2023, 02:42 AM
RE: Last night I smoked a cigarette - by Ulrich - January 06, 2023, 02:55 AM
RE: Last night I smoked a cigarette - by Goliad - January 06, 2023, 03:02 AM