Blacktail Deer Plateau they might promise you that the river ain't too deep
812 Posts
Ooc —
Much as she wanted to please Dante, Junior could not come to a decision about the Nereides. Stubbornly, she didn't feel she owed them any kind of explanation. More than that, she was apprehensive of what they would do and say about her abrupt disappearance. Deep down, she knew she should at least let them know what had happened, even if she had to censor the explanation somewhat.

When she caught sight of Caiaphas just beyond the plateau, Junior still hadn't talked herself into going there. It seemed the decision had been made for her; they had come for to her. The youth shifted uneasily and definitely considered avoiding answering the call that split the crisp fall air. Yet it was only a matter of time, wasn't it? Aktaiê had been here already and now Caiaphas was a-lurkin'. Junior suddenly understood that they would keep sending scouts until they got their answers.

Cheeks puffing out in a long, low breath, Junior strode to the plateau's edge and purposefully down the towpath to the flat lands. "I made a mistake in joining the Nereides," she said before her former comrade could even ask, "and when I realized it wasn't the right fit for me, I came home. It... it was a spur of the moment decision. I didn't mean to just... abandon you guys — girls," she corrected herself a bit awkwardly, then fell abruptly silent.
Messages In This Thread
RE: they might promise you that the river ain't too deep - by Junior - October 12, 2014, 09:08 PM