Stavanger Bay Joining Thread
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria

Ragnar watched as the woman turned back towards him, presumably to say something in her own defensive, which surprised the Viking but the scarred Scandinavian hid it well behind his present coy smirk. The more time they wasted here, the longer it would set his trip back but he wasn't the type to let someone go without pointing out their mistakes. If other wolves had the liberty to point out his to his face than by Odinn he would do the same to others. “Exactly. Why would I let you into my pack lands to use and then leave? Stavanger Bay isn't an inn, you understand? I do not know you. I do not know your intentions. You could tell me one thing but end up raiding all of our caches,” Ragnar was distrustful of strangers at his borders if only because that was something he would, definitely, end up doing. The Viking preferred a much more direct approach if he was going to raid a pack but even so if he was by his lonesome he would have tried to cunningly play up the sympathy card. There could be no one else in the world like him, Ragnar knew, but even so the Jarl wasn't keen on taking the chance. Besides, if he let one stranger, lone wolf do it then he had to let everyone else do it, as well. He had no intentions of letting her into his pack unless she intended to stay and even then she had to impress him with what she had to offer him. They had four newborn infants to take care of and think about first. Ragnar wouldn't let anyone into his Bay whom he felt offered them — or any of his other members for that matter — any ill intent. Ragnar Lodbrok was many things and half of them unable to be accounted as good but he loved his pack and he would protect them to his last, dying breath. If he was a hard-ass on the borders it was because he had precious lives that counted upon him making the right decision. Not the decisions most popular, nor anything else. The right one.

“You need to decide right here and right now which one of those you want most. If you choose a place to rest before moving on them you may leave and I will not call you back,” After all, he wasn't going to beg her. She was the one at his borders, not the other way around. “However, if you choose that you wish to stay then we will start this conversation over and take it down the correct track that will assist me in making my decision.” After all, he wasn't just going to accept her simply because she needed a place to stay. She had to have something to offer him and the Bay and if she didn't then he'd shoo her off to one of the other, numerous packs sprouting in the Wilds.

Messages In This Thread
Joining Thread - by Ranger - October 09, 2014, 06:46 AM
RE: Joining Thread - by Ragnar - October 11, 2014, 07:09 AM
RE: Joining Thread - by Ranger - October 11, 2014, 11:42 AM
RE: Joining Thread - by Ragnar - October 14, 2014, 06:52 AM
RE: Joining Thread - by Ranger - October 14, 2014, 07:29 AM
RE: Joining Thread - by Ragnar - October 14, 2014, 06:44 PM
RE: Joining Thread - by Ranger - October 14, 2014, 08:28 PM
RE: Joining Thread - by Ragnar - October 15, 2014, 07:02 AM
RE: Joining Thread - by Ranger - October 15, 2014, 04:17 PM
RE: Joining Thread - by Ragnar - October 17, 2014, 07:37 AM
RE: Joining Thread - by Ranger - October 17, 2014, 02:09 PM