Gilded Bay everything i've ever let go of
52 Posts
Ooc — Kan
Away
Limit Two 
@Andr (set for the morning of 04/04/2023 if that works for your timeline!) this is a tad bit unorthodox method of traveling to Teekon butttt it was thought of while creating iaghe.

the night had borne the girl who'd been iaghe into this world. her mother's cries had been drowned beneath the scream of the sea and a winter gale tearing each other to ribbons. 

it was some cruel cosmic jest then, that the shell of her half-life would be delivered by the dawn. 

the storm-wisp regained consciousness in bits and pieces, crashing back to reality with the waves that lapped against her ribs -- each press of water needling its way into the raw sting of reopened wounds. 

at first, there was only darkness and a fleeting sense of home. though the woman came up frighteningly blank of what such place it was or why the darkness felt like the embrace of a well missed friend. 

the fire continued to rage along her side. the waves pounded a throbbing tempo within her skull. 

until. 

the sodden slip of shadow managed to crack her eyes open, wintry blue squinting and watering against the rising sun. the she-wolf forced herself to her feet, spindly legs quivering with the effort. a sharp hiss escaped the spectre, nearly buckling at the salt and sand that seared her raw -- wounds crackling sharply with the movement. 

one. two. three.

the words came unbidden, foreign even as she metered the lopsided beats of her own heart. the moonbeam willed herself to stay firmly affixed to the earth as it swayed around, swirling like the seafoam against the sand. 

numbly, she drug herself from the splintered alcove that had been a haven and away from the pool where she'd lain half submerged through the night. iaghe's ghost was too disoriented to even think to check for an easy morning meal. 

instead, she staggered off through the sand blindly.
"i can't come out. if i do, i'll go mad again" -- Snitter, The Plague Dogs
Messages In This Thread
everything i've ever let go of - by Iaghe - April 03, 2023, 09:41 PM
RE: everything i've ever let go of - by Andr - April 04, 2023, 07:31 PM
RE: everything i've ever let go of - by Iaghe - April 04, 2023, 08:41 PM
RE: everything i've ever let go of - by Andr - April 05, 2023, 11:07 AM
RE: everything i've ever let go of - by Iaghe - April 05, 2023, 08:42 PM
RE: everything i've ever let go of - by Andr - April 07, 2023, 06:58 PM