The Floodlands Whisper, Oh, Great West
36 Posts
Ooc —
They traveled westward for many days, stopping only to catch a nap or fetch a meal. Totoro tried not to think about Marie too much. They let themself recall her fondly, though they redirected their focus elsewhere when they began dwelling and missing their connection.

This morning, they walked through a thicket and emerged at the foot of a plateau. They considered climbing it to check out the views, though something prompted Totoro to walk around it instead. They found a waterfall on the far side and took a seat to marvel at it a while.

By mid-morning, the wind picked up a little, a southerly blustering down from the coast. It carried the scents of a pack, causing Totoro’s nose to wriggle with interest. They found their feet again and began to wander a little further west, the plateau and waterfall receding behind them as they approached the fork of a river.

The ground softened, becoming spongy beneath their paws. Totoro knew this place must be full of groundwater as a result of runoffs. They peered along the branches of the river, then tilted their snout into the wind to pinpoint the location of the pack they’d scented.

For the moment, they did not notice the single wolf much closer at hand.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Whisper, Oh, Great West - by Legend - April 08, 2023, 03:36 PM
RE: Whisper, Oh, Great West - by Totoro - April 10, 2023, 09:25 AM
RE: Whisper, Oh, Great West - by Legend - April 14, 2023, 07:54 PM
RE: Whisper, Oh, Great West - by Totoro - April 17, 2023, 11:25 AM
RE: Whisper, Oh, Great West - by Legend - April 17, 2023, 11:06 PM
RE: Whisper, Oh, Great West - by Totoro - April 18, 2023, 08:05 AM
RE: Whisper, Oh, Great West - by Legend - April 19, 2023, 12:01 PM
RE: Whisper, Oh, Great West - by Totoro - April 19, 2023, 12:20 PM
RE: Whisper, Oh, Great West - by Legend - April 24, 2023, 02:32 AM
RE: Whisper, Oh, Great West - by Totoro - April 24, 2023, 09:12 AM
RE: Whisper, Oh, Great West - by Legend - April 30, 2023, 11:06 PM