Swiftcurrent Creek How did I lose it when I was right there?
141 Posts
Ooc — xynien
His regret was only mounting as time passed. Kel had found it difficult to get a moment alone with either of the wolves he'd committed to helping, but he found it most challenging to even speak to Reverie. She seemed to ignore him as often as possible; coldly, which he was grateful for, because he was still quite wary of the fire she'd met him with. It was clear that she was troubled — and Kel, to his shame, found sympathy more easily for her than for Lestan.
Fear came more easily with her, too. He was eager to seize the moment when he finally found her alone, but even so his approach was hesitant. Slow. Hello, Reverie, He greeted quietly, keeping his distance for now; her daughter was at her flank, and he had no desire to poke that particular bear. His head tilted slightly, thoughtful. You feeling sick? He tried to give them all plenty of space, and so he wasn't around quite often enough to know Reverie's eating habits. But he could see the reluctance in her easily enough, and it seemed like a convenient segue into his intended topic.
Messages In This Thread
How did I lose it when I was right there? - by Reverie - April 20, 2023, 12:46 AM
RE: How did I lose it when I was right there? - by Kestrelcloud - April 20, 2023, 01:06 AM