Stavanger Bay Mummified my teenage dreams
105 Posts
Ooc —
@Caiaphas Powerplaying Julooke in this thread. This should be the last time she's mentioned ICly as being present in the pack, since Verrine is still active and this is most convenient for this plot.

Kevlyn was a month and three days old when he was finally allowed to accompany one of his parents somewhere. Wolf pups were automatically drawn to follow their parents, and though the young parents had been protective of their youth, they were freer in their raising of the four Ostrega cubs than many parents were. The toddlers' curiosity was sated in ones and twos: Julooke had taken Liyani and Levi out for a walk in the forest earlier while Verrine watched he and Charon in the endless tussle for dominance that pups had, and now it was his turn.

Though his legs were stubby and he was clumsy, forcing his mother to walk slowly and pause often, Kevlyn followed her dutifully out to the beach. She warned him physically and verbally not to go to the water, and for the short time they spent there, though his attention was always drawn to the thunderous ocean, he obeyed her. He played in the sand, egged on by Julooke's plentiful energy, until she called for home time.

And it was at this crucial moment that Kevlyn disobeyed. His mother called and he came, he followed her into the woods... and then he was made to stop. Something distracted Julooke enough to tell Kevlyn to hide in the bushes and wait for her to call him out. It was no fault of Julooke's that Kevlyn instead decided to wander into the thicker trees and wound up back on the sands in a somewhat different location, lost and confused as he was. It was no fault of hers that for just a moment, she'd had to turn her back, probably for a very good reason. No doubt the second she realized he was missing she would retrace her steps and collect him and punish him horrendously, but for the time being, Kevlyn was completely and utterly alone.
Messages In This Thread
Mummified my teenage dreams - by Kevlyn - October 17, 2014, 07:41 PM
RE: Mummified my teenage dreams - by Caiaphas - October 17, 2014, 08:45 PM
RE: Mummified my teenage dreams - by Kevlyn - October 20, 2014, 12:06 AM
RE: Mummified my teenage dreams - by Caiaphas - October 20, 2014, 04:33 PM
RE: Mummified my teenage dreams - by Kevlyn - October 20, 2014, 04:53 PM
RE: Mummified my teenage dreams - by Caiaphas - October 21, 2014, 02:08 PM
RE: Mummified my teenage dreams - by Kevlyn - October 22, 2014, 09:54 AM
RE: Mummified my teenage dreams - by Caiaphas - October 22, 2014, 01:26 PM
RE: Mummified my teenage dreams - by Kevlyn - October 24, 2014, 11:46 AM
RE: Mummified my teenage dreams - by Caiaphas - October 27, 2014, 06:16 PM