Lion Head Mesa In my defense, I always fall for confidence
30 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
The reaction he witnessed was far from what he would expect from a fellahin, or a lady, or anyone! Especially addressing himself, whereas everyone in his retinue had always been courteous and obedient. It was a rudeness Harakhte was absolutely not used to, and he didn't know what to do about it.
However he could not avoid what was said: that this was a priestess! A crass one, but a worshipper of the sungods nonetheless. No doubt working the duties of Senmut while the true priest of Akashingo was off at the lakeside.
Harakhte was not accustomed to being brushed off like this. He would not relent, but he would adjust his approach accordingly. Although the fur along the nape of his neck had begun to prickle, he moved to follow the woman.
Excuse me! He sounded exasperated; but he took a breath as he got closer and took on his usual hawkish stupor. I am still learning of all the people of Akashingo. My apologies, he stepped around her to stop her from escaping, which wasn't the best move but he felt entitled to her attention now that he had it.
I am Harakhte. I come from the sands of Akhet. I should not have made assumptions of your station.
Plus there were better uses for that foul mouth of her's, he thought, bemused.
Messages In This Thread
RE: In my defense, I always fall for confidence - by Harakhte - June 21, 2023, 05:49 PM