Gyrfalcon's Keep I would course the inland ocean to be back to you
Raventhorpe
Dróttning*
169 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Birth 
Posting 1 day early as I may be busy tomorrow

The winds gusted in the Keep, and a dense fog had settled in beneath the gathering stormclouds. Tension grew overhead as the warm inland winds met with the icy mountain air, and with gusts of wind that had for ages bent the trees to kneel the storm grew. The afternoon became dark beneath the swelling clouds, illuminated at first by brief pulses of light followed by rumbling thunder. 

Solveig had sought shelter in her den from the rain as it had begun to fall, not expecting that her body too would be a tempest. At first, she worried- it was two weeks too early! She felt the familiar twang of contractions, and circled within her hearth, where her daughter had prepared fine pelts for her birthing. 

Circling the den, she tried to back-track and make sense of her premature labour- only to find with a hoarse, pained laugh that she had indeed been wrong when she'd last estimated when she would be due. She wasn't two weeks early at all- her children were coming right on time, as they had before. 

The temperature dropped suddenly and with it came pelting hail, the size of a small pebble. She could hear it thumping heavily against the ground outside her den, and with a wail she circled, before inhaling the cold air, and releasing it as she brought forth three healthy children. First a daughter, a paler version of her father, and then two boys who looked similar enough that she thought they might be twins. One was decidedly larger, however, and his size would make him identifiable at least until they began to exhibit personality traits. 

The storm had faded, and the golden light of sunset began to peek through the clouds when she announced the birth, at last inviting her daughter and @Rusalka to come and see their newest family members.
"Old Norse" | "Common Tongue"
Messages In This Thread
I would course the inland ocean to be back to you - by Solveig - July 02, 2023, 07:25 PM