Big Salmon Lake i played soldier, you played king
54 Posts
Ooc — metic
he listened, and did not do much besides that.

there was silent judgement, not for her fear of the water, but for her inability to seemingly face it. to have fear was instinctual, without it everyone would be jumping off cliffs like they could fly. but fear was also a burden. it left you vulnerable, especially when you refused to face it.

he could have offered some pep talk to encourage her in the conquering of her phobia or comfort her in the distress she felt over the loss of a youth, but he did no such thing. he would not play therapist today. but perhaps another time...

"call for me the next time it rains, we can splash in puddles together. no threat of drowning involved." they could act like children on a stormy day, it'd be fun.

"alphus," he introduced with a dip of his maw.

they spoke for a few more minutes before parting ways. he shook the last drops of loose water from his pelt before heading off to lounge away the rest of the night.
Messages In This Thread
i played soldier, you played king - by Andrealphus - July 17, 2023, 10:12 PM
RE: i played soldier, you played king - by Esme - July 18, 2023, 02:30 AM
RE: i played soldier, you played king - by Andrealphus - July 18, 2023, 12:11 PM
RE: i played soldier, you played king - by Esme - July 20, 2023, 03:01 AM
RE: i played soldier, you played king - by Andrealphus - July 20, 2023, 06:56 AM
RE: i played soldier, you played king - by Esme - July 24, 2023, 02:05 AM
RE: i played soldier, you played king - by Andrealphus - July 24, 2023, 10:42 AM
RE: i played soldier, you played king - by Esme - July 24, 2023, 07:44 PM
RE: i played soldier, you played king - by Andrealphus - July 26, 2023, 05:10 PM