Overture Downs Shattered, I will capture you, so run
22 Posts
Ooc — box
Win was a lonely sort among her packmates.

She didn’t socialize. She didn’t speak. She kept her head down and worked quietly, diligently, to try and repay the people who didn’t actually need to take her in. Her scar was shiny with the effort now, a bad memory and a lingering crack, but she had too many cracks now. Scars dotted her hocks, scars that dug so deep into skin it made her hurt. But she was doing somewhat better.

Poppy made the pain go away, briefly, but she knew she couldn’t rely on it forever. Addiction wasn’t a good look on anyone.

She came to the meadow today to try and outrun her own pain, not managing it well, considering she winced with every step. But, she was following scents of ducks, of other fowl. Maybe a nice ptarmigan. She licked her lips at the thought. Win tried for a confident stride, but really, she looked somewhat hunched with pain.

It was only splashing that made her huff in exasperation, expecting to see a pup playing among the cattails and dancing through the shallows like an idiot. But, it wasn’t. Win caught sight of golden fur, and golden eyes, and suddenly she was back there. Back with side eyes and elbows to the ribs and hisses in her ears of ”why can’t you just be normal, Winifred! They’re looking at us!” Win’s throat constricted, her heart skipping a beat, and she felt like she was drowning on dry land.

Sunnovabitch

Hey!

Is that all you gotta say to your goddamn sister, Winifred?
Messages In This Thread
Shattered, I will capture you, so run - by Reverie - September 08, 2023, 02:21 PM
RE: Shattered, I will capture you, so run - by Win - September 08, 2023, 02:30 PM
RE: Shattered, I will capture you, so run - by Reverie - September 08, 2023, 02:46 PM
RE: Shattered, I will capture you, so run - by Win - September 08, 2023, 02:51 PM
RE: Shattered, I will capture you, so run - by Reverie - September 08, 2023, 02:58 PM
RE: Shattered, I will capture you, so run - by Win - September 08, 2023, 03:02 PM
RE: Shattered, I will capture you, so run - by Reverie - September 08, 2023, 03:07 PM
RE: Shattered, I will capture you, so run - by Win - September 08, 2023, 03:15 PM
RE: Shattered, I will capture you, so run - by Reverie - September 27, 2023, 02:13 PM