Rattleskin Redoubt april is the cruellest month
26 Posts
Ooc — Van
Why?

This single word is enough to still her desiccated lungs and bring her sandpaper tongue fleeing back into her mouth. She couldn’t understand a home without a proper hierarchy. But maybe it wasn’t following that bothered her. Maybe it was something or someone else…

If only for a moment, she seemed stricken by the query, but then resumed her labored breathing at an almost-normal tempo. She looked out onto the sunbaked lands. Maybe following not so bad… Long Rain- She corrected herself, having met enough wolves in her travels with Tarantula to know that no one but him and his people spoke in reference to themselves. I do not want to obey Father.

The corners of Long Rain’s eyes grew tight as she thought of her father: Thief! Saboteur! Monster! But he had been honest with her, terribly honest. She almost wished he hadn’t.

Caligula drew her attention once more. She studied the slim, youthful line of his jaw, the sliver of hope in his far-off gaze, the sinewy curve of his spine down to his dust-laden claws. The mountains would certainly suit him, she thought. Mountains make us strong. Make worthy homes, she agreed, nodding. I would like to have mountain home, one day.

One day.

First, I want to see lake. The one claimed by my mother.
Messages In This Thread
april is the cruellest month - by A Hex - October 21, 2023, 03:58 PM
RE: april is the cruellest month - by Long Rain - October 21, 2023, 05:29 PM
RE: april is the cruellest month - by A Hex - October 21, 2023, 06:31 PM
RE: april is the cruellest month - by Long Rain - October 21, 2023, 07:17 PM
RE: april is the cruellest month - by A Hex - October 24, 2023, 02:41 PM
RE: april is the cruellest month - by Long Rain - October 24, 2023, 07:20 PM
RE: april is the cruellest month - by A Hex - October 24, 2023, 08:09 PM
RE: april is the cruellest month - by Long Rain - October 27, 2023, 06:02 PM
RE: april is the cruellest month - by A Hex - October 28, 2023, 06:11 PM
RE: april is the cruellest month - by Long Rain - October 29, 2023, 05:53 PM
RE: april is the cruellest month - by A Hex - November 03, 2023, 03:00 PM