Rising Sun Valley A Stray Ember
But inside me, there is a light…
118 Posts
Ooc — Mantra
Without thinking about it, Sumac found himself naturally falling into stride with the towering female as she took up his original path. Nor was he aware how his posture assumed a submissive air, his tail held downward behind him and the crown of his head below the peak of his back. Although his bearing revealed much of his personality, he seemed to have relaxed a little, his ears gently bobbing with each step and the tip of his ebony tail swaying easily.

“Oh, that’s a relief to hear,” he replied, nodding his head, “I’ve been through some places where I had to think about taking songbirds. And the residents were none too hospitable.”

He paused for a moment, falling slightly behind her before quickening his pace to catch up. For some reason, her question had caught him off guard. A pack? Another family? The thought hadn’t really entered his mind. On one hand, it seemed almost like a betrayal to his own, even though their ashes had long since cooled. On the other, the prospect seemed alluring, even a bit exciting… and perhaps a bit intimidating.

“Another pack? I… I hadn’t really considered it, to be honest. I haven’t really been thinking about the future much… Just what’s right in front of my eyes at the moment.”

He wondered if perhaps he’d deliberately been avoiding thinking about the future to avoid the fear of the unknown as he gazed ahead, taking in more of their surroundings. The sun was rising higher now, painting the valley in a swath of colors and awakening the senses. It truly was beautiful. Maybe he could get used to calling a place like this home.
…Even in the darkest night
Messages In This Thread
A Stray Ember - by Sumac - December 19, 2023, 09:47 AM
RE: A Stray Ember - by Easy - December 19, 2023, 12:14 PM
RE: A Stray Ember - by Sumac - December 19, 2023, 04:17 PM
RE: A Stray Ember - by Easy - December 19, 2023, 04:39 PM
RE: A Stray Ember - by Sumac - December 19, 2023, 06:43 PM
RE: A Stray Ember - by Easy - December 20, 2023, 10:07 AM
RE: A Stray Ember - by Sumac - December 20, 2023, 02:33 PM
RE: A Stray Ember - by Easy - December 20, 2023, 11:53 PM
RE: A Stray Ember - by Sumac - December 21, 2023, 01:53 PM
RE: A Stray Ember - by Easy - December 22, 2023, 03:41 PM