Gyrfalcon's Keep [m]The More The Merrier, Right?
Loner
52 Posts
Ooc — Kan
Away
soooo I couldn't actually think of an explanation as to why she mightve left the islands...and she's just here anyways. I figured I could fill in that blank later as threads wrap up. XD  have a very vague Iaghe for now. Also this got sooooo long, im so sorry!

much like basilisk, it was the scents that brought iaghe's ghost.

a woman -- one upon the threshold of her season. men.

the winterborne had not retained nor relearned enough to understand everything that swirled through her mind at the smell carried on the wind. 

~~~

the cry of her mother. primitive and raking, tearing through the air and along iaghe's skin. 

the smell of copper. the silence that followed, deafening. where there should have been the cries of first breath, iaghe could only hear her heart pounding as ámil's stopped. only hers where there should have been the tiny fluttering of a cub's. 

then.

iaghe on one side of the grave. lindalë on the other.

the weight of lóminórë resting his chin atop her head in a gesture that was meant to be comforting. it lacked the warmth of such.

it was a cold, possessive move that brought bile to the back of her throat and a twitch to her muzzle that bespoke violence.

~~~
it was not enough to place how she knew. only that she grasped what it meant. danger trickled down the wildling's nape, pricked along her spine as her hackles raised and her breaths came fast. 

the spectre swung her weight between her feet. indecisive, panicked. unsure of whether to go or flee as the familiar nausea rose and her throat closed. 

another instance came to her, too clear to forget. a time where she'd hesitated longer than a good person should.

drawing in a snarl of a breath, and praying to the deep for forgiveness, ia soldiered on.

she circled downwind as best she could, keeping herself hunkered at a safe distance. underbelly dragging the snow as her shadowed form crept along. the odors and voices coming clearer as she got closer.

from here, she would watch and wait.

shaking and petrified, but ready to jump to the woman's aid -- even if it was no absolute for the sin of what happened in the fire.
"i can't come out. if i do, i'll go mad again" -- Snitter, The Plague Dogs
Messages In This Thread
[m]The More The Merrier, Right? - by Fleurette - January 06, 2024, 02:52 PM
RE: [m]The More The Merrier, Right? - by Basilisk - January 06, 2024, 04:57 PM
RE: [m]The More The Merrier, Right? - by Haizel - January 06, 2024, 05:14 PM
RE: [m]The More The Merrier, Right? - by Iaghe - January 06, 2024, 11:00 PM
RE: [m]The More The Merrier, Right? - by Fleurette - January 07, 2024, 12:49 PM
RE: [m]The More The Merrier, Right? - by Basilisk - January 07, 2024, 05:41 PM
RE: [m]The More The Merrier, Right? - by Haizel - January 07, 2024, 09:47 PM
RE: [m]The More The Merrier, Right? - by Iaghe - January 08, 2024, 07:35 PM
RE: [m]The More The Merrier, Right? - by Fleurette - January 09, 2024, 02:38 PM
RE: [m]The More The Merrier, Right? - by Basilisk - January 18, 2024, 09:07 PM