Emberwood cicero smiled
52 Posts
Ooc — Java
He knew she was there, that was obvious enough. He was trained well enough to detect her, which was something she counted on. As he moved along the river's edge, he did not invite her close; thus Basilie took the initiative and crept from the shadows, flanking her brother's position without a sound. He spoke soon enough, and the acerbic manner in which he commented upon her sudden arrival made her smirk, albeit briefly. A slip of the mask which was hidden well enough by the surrounding dark. I was granted my leave by father. She corrected him swiftly, with a bite to her words, as if to defend their progenitor. There was no mention of a mother - for to Basilie, she had no such familial connection.

Unlike you, Her voice was smooth now, confident but quiet. I intend to bring honor to his name. There was no reason to chase me out. She had indeed gone willingly. With some scorn, perhaps, but nothing that was said to her face - if that were the case, then perhaps blood would have been shed. The honor of Aku was at stake, and his narcissism was what kept her in his good graces.

But she was curious. What could Scipio be up to? He had survived the assault by their father, proving (at least to Basilie) that he was far more Roman than many of their bastard siblings. She valued his tenacity but not his weakness; he had not died a true death in a proper battle, like a proper Roman, but he had allowed their father to prove his weakness. Tell me, brother, do you miss living in Aku's shadow?
Messages In This Thread
cicero smiled - by RIP Basilie - November 02, 2014, 10:22 PM
RE: cicero smiled - by Scipio - November 02, 2014, 11:08 PM
RE: cicero smiled - by RIP Basilie - November 02, 2014, 11:18 PM
RE: cicero smiled - by Scipio - November 03, 2014, 04:25 AM
RE: cicero smiled - by RIP Basilie - November 03, 2014, 04:14 PM
RE: cicero smiled - by Scipio - November 04, 2014, 08:28 AM
RE: cicero smiled - by RIP Basilie - November 04, 2014, 01:08 PM
RE: cicero smiled - by Scipio - November 15, 2014, 03:50 AM
RE: cicero smiled - by RIP Basilie - November 15, 2014, 04:25 AM