Permafrost Hollows You Taunt Me
Loner
morning star
117 Posts
Ooc — roni
A glacier loomed in the distance. It was not her glacier, but it had caught her eye several times on the journey to and from Kangirsuk. Only now did she finally have time to explore it.

As she trekked through the forest, she cast her nose for any signs of prey. What little rations she had packed were long gone - she had not felt good faith in accepting any extra meat from the messenger boy's iglu. Not during winter when he would need the fat for growing.

Scents of hare pooled mouth-wateringly in the twiggy branches of a bush, but Ulloriaq prowled on. Intertwining occasionally was the fainter smell of ermine tucked deep in their burrows - an easier meal. Like a fox, she leapt and broke the snow's surface headfirst and emerged in a flurry of snowflakes, the mammal clutched carefully in her jaws.

It was at this point that the wind shifted. Lynx. Graceful, but nonetheless powerful creatures. They were not usually a threat to a pack, but for a lone wolf it spelled trouble. 

Hackles raised and ears on high alert, she paused and tensely scoured the surrounding trees. 

is it okay if we bump this to present day?
"Common" // "Inuktitut"
Messages In This Thread
You Taunt Me - by Amyrlin - January 17, 2024, 11:38 AM
RE: You Taunt Me - by Tulugak - January 30, 2024, 02:30 PM
RE: You Taunt Me - by Amyrlin - February 01, 2024, 11:01 AM
RE: You Taunt Me - by Tulugak - February 01, 2024, 01:04 PM
RE: You Taunt Me - by Amyrlin - February 04, 2024, 09:14 AM
RE: You Taunt Me - by Tulugak - February 10, 2024, 06:25 AM
RE: You Taunt Me - by Amyrlin - February 10, 2024, 08:02 AM
RE: You Taunt Me - by Tulugak - February 10, 2024, 09:00 AM