Lone Star Mountain you fracture light again
Loner
morning star
114 Posts
Ooc — roni
Ulloriaq shrank instinctually as Reina neared. It was not something personal to the kind-hearted woman, but rather the thought of an embrace from a near-stranger. Not to mention, her fiery pelt reminded her of a familiar, cheery face.

She was, however, surprised to hear such wisdom come from her mouth. Reina could not have been much older than her, and yet she seemed to know exactly how to describe each emotion she had been feeling. Hearing that she shared a similar grief brought more sadness to her heart until, finally, Ulloriaq came to rest beside her.

Gingerly, as if she was afraid she might break, she touched her nose to the red fur of Reina's shoulder. 

"It is strange," she replied. Suddenly, she was a little girl again in the crook of her mother's arm. "When I am alone, all I feel is anger. I say to myself - there must have been something else we could have done. If only I had been there, I could have saved him. I could have said goodbye." The guilt ate at her and only now had she really shared it out loud. "It is when I am with others that I feel most sad. My cup - it pours like rain."

A sigh. The tears had come again, though they felt more cathartic than melancholy. Reina's laugh was acknowledged with a faint smile. As much as she ought leave, suddenly she did not want to. "How long did it take? For your cup to be empty."
"Common" // "Inuktitut"
Messages In This Thread
you fracture light again - by Tulugak - February 01, 2024, 01:26 PM
RE: you fracture light again - by Reina - February 01, 2024, 01:55 PM
RE: you fracture light again - by Tulugak - February 01, 2024, 02:29 PM
RE: you fracture light again - by Reina - February 01, 2024, 02:41 PM
RE: you fracture light again - by Tulugak - February 01, 2024, 03:12 PM
RE: you fracture light again - by Reina - February 01, 2024, 03:44 PM
RE: you fracture light again - by Tulugak - February 01, 2024, 04:19 PM
RE: you fracture light again - by Reina - February 01, 2024, 07:16 PM