Swiftcurrent Creek [m] The Road Ahead
206 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Behind him, he heard her coming. There was no mistaking the sound of her footsteps. No missing her scent, one that he knew well.

But today, it had changed. It was different. Powerful. Searing into his conscious and making even the simplest of thoughts, such a challenge.

The skin under his granite and ice fur shuddered. Out of desire or restraint...or maybe both.

Sovereign sounded almost panicked. Confusion riddling her voice. What she described to him in those few words, confirmed what he already knew. Her season had arrived. An inevitability for every woman.

Unlike her, Ensio knew exactly what this was all about. A year ago, during his brief run with the Greatwater Lake wolves, specifically Zharille, he had been placed in a similar situation. The agouti female had invited him as a potential suitor, but he turned a blind eye. He was younger then. Perhaps too young enough to sire children. Besides, his priorities had been different. Even way back then, Sovereign came first.

A year had come and gone. The present found both wolves fully mature. Closer. More aware of their growing attraction towards one another. New possibilities lay open before them. 

Tightly, he dug his paws down against the soil, forcing himself to stay rooted. For he knew if he moved, he may not be able to control himself around her. But he did glance at her fondly out of the corner of his eye.

"You are not sick, Sov. I've seen this before and there is a simple explanation." His voice was tense, but not cold. "You are in heat."

Arlette...

"I'm not sure if there is anything she will be able to do. I'm no expert about this sort of thing..."
Messages In This Thread
[m] The Road Ahead - by Ensio - February 09, 2024, 09:35 PM
RE: The Road Ahead - by Sovereign - February 15, 2024, 01:01 PM
RE: The Road Ahead - by Ensio - February 15, 2024, 10:12 PM
RE: The Road Ahead - by Sovereign - February 26, 2024, 04:54 PM
RE: The Road Ahead - by Ensio - March 03, 2024, 05:17 PM
RE: The Road Ahead - by Sovereign - March 07, 2024, 09:43 AM
RE: [m] The Road Ahead - by Ensio - March 11, 2024, 09:06 PM
RE: [m] The Road Ahead - by Sovereign - March 16, 2024, 01:43 PM
RE: [m] The Road Ahead - by Ensio - March 17, 2024, 01:50 PM