Blacktail Deer Plateau Dissolving the seeds of a moment
67 Posts
Ooc — Melee
It had been a long time since they had chased the same fox together and wound up meal-less, and Zombie winced slightly as Pied's mention of the creatures awoke the memory. She hadn't been exactly nice when the white female had confused things enough to allow the fox its escape, and she wondered if the mottled female was still determined to soothe a perceived grudge. "I'm kind of glad we didn't end up eating one," she admitted, looking sidelong at Pied. "I'm not sure it really would have tasted all that good. Like, stringy kinda."

As to Pied's next comment, Zombie couldn't really argue it at the moment. The wolves that had come together after Bon Dye's fall had remained so, even in this place. "I wanted us to stay together," she agreed, "but I still wish we were in the forest. I just... liked it there." It was the first place she felt she could call home and settled in, and for most of her life she had done nothing but migrate from place to place. "I hope we stay like this," Zombie finally told her pack mate. "At least we're still all together."

Pied went quiet, again, then and looked to the sky for a few heartbeats before making a small noise. If the thin yearling found anything strange about it, she made no comment. Zombie knew she had her own quirks, and if Pied seemed distracted on occasion... it was harmless. If Zombie knew the reasons for Pied's occasional blips of daydreaming, she would probably have been fascinated—and attach herself as tightly to Pied as she would have to the shamans, in an attempt to learn their ways.

"Let's go," she answered Pied's next words, already moving towards the carcass. Zombie wasn't sure where they would take it, but was confident that the mottled female would lead the way.
Messages In This Thread
Dissolving the seeds of a moment - by Pied - December 12, 2013, 10:44 AM
RE: Dissolving the seeds of a moment - by Zombie - December 13, 2013, 10:22 PM
RE: Dissolving the seeds of a moment - by Pied - December 13, 2013, 10:30 PM
RE: Dissolving the seeds of a moment - by Zombie - December 15, 2013, 08:43 AM
RE: Dissolving the seeds of a moment - by Pied - December 15, 2013, 08:19 PM
RE: Dissolving the seeds of a moment - by Zombie - January 06, 2014, 09:07 PM
RE: Dissolving the seeds of a moment - by Pied - January 06, 2014, 09:45 PM
RE: Dissolving the seeds of a moment - by Zombie - January 07, 2014, 01:06 PM
RE: Dissolving the seeds of a moment - by Pied - January 08, 2014, 07:37 PM
RE: Dissolving the seeds of a moment - by Zombie - January 16, 2014, 05:12 PM
RE: Dissolving the seeds of a moment - by Pied - January 17, 2014, 09:20 PM