Hoshor Plains dear child,
Yellowstone
Alpha
150 Posts
Ooc — metic
Birth 
did you know i loved you before you were even a thought?

before the gentle breeze of motherhood swept aside me like a soothing river? before i felt the first power of your kick to my side?

dear daughter, you are loved.

---

it was not but weeks before your arrival that i feared my greatest love had been robbed of me. my desire for you was eternal, my want of you always. i had broken under the assumption i would never get to meet you. to kiss your face, to cradle you, to feel you. i had wept in solitude for a loss i had never had.

and then i felt the swell of my stomach, the strength of your growth. your first kick to my side aligned with my own heartbeat and i crumbled to the floor in tears of affection. i was to be a mother! oh, how i loved you.

dear daughter, you are wanted.

---

the days leading up to your birth were a testament to my love for you. there were moments where i did not wish myself to move, where i struggled to find the energy that you commanded. my health had faltered, but my affection for you never had.

i had crafted a den, but your will was that of the plains. i had tried to claw my way to the cover of isolation, but your power was that of the herd. my nails were bloodied and broken, my legs unsteady. i was afraid, my screams deafened me as the sky cast itself in a vibrance of scarlet and rum.

i sat in a puddle of blood, exhausted and fearful of shadowed thoughts clouding my mind. surrounded by the stomping of hooves that called out like war-drums, i shuddered at the sight of you. silent and still, so beautiful. you are so beautiful. i held my breath as i waited for you to gasp for air, my eyes stung as i held them open in fear of a blink to miss your awakening.

you cried. you cried. you cried. and i cried with you. the roar of hooves was not for war, but for celebration. you were part of the herd from the moment your lungs expanded with air, and as the sunrise kissed the sky in shades never more beautiful, i knew then you were perfect.

dear daughter, my @Anatolia, you have given me a gift so precious and pure. you have made me a mother, and i will love you for it, now and forever.
Messages In This Thread
dear child, - by Nephele - August 06, 2024, 12:05 PM
RE: dear child, - by Nephele - August 06, 2024, 12:06 PM
RE: dear child, - by Nephele - August 06, 2024, 12:06 PM
RE: dear child, - by Anatolia - August 06, 2024, 10:08 PM
RE: dear child, - by Zephyra - August 20, 2024, 10:50 AM
RE: dear child, - by Alasdair - September 02, 2024, 08:07 PM