Hoshor Plains dear child,
Yellowstone
Alpha
150 Posts
Ooc — metic
did you know you hold the keys to my heart?

there is no greater love than that which i hold for you. you have made me feel as a child once more, waiting for the gift they have desired for so long. oh how i have wanted you, oh how i have longed to meet you.

dear daughter, you are my treasure.

---

i counted down the days until i could meet you, to hold you close as i showered you in kisses of rich adoration. i felt as your strength grew in whole, as you fought amongst siblings to be firstborn.

you were a fighter from the moment you could wriggle. before air could fill your lungs and the scent of earth could greet you as i did, i knew you would be strong.

dear daughter, you are an inspiration.

---

so eager you were to greet the world with your roar, and yet it took the passing of a day to push you from the womb. tears stained my cheeks like flowing rivers as i forced myself to unsteady legs. pain crept like haggard fingers around my throat as i wailed through the fire that burned within me.

i crawled my way to the mouth of my whelping den, your sister grasped carefully as i turned to shrivel upon my side. help came in the sound of a familiar voice, but all my focus was upon you. my beloved, my precious, my sweet daughter.

the sun had risen to greet your sister, and now set to embrace you. i trembled under the thought we would not meet, that this would be the end for me, for you. i cried out in frustration and fear in my own lacking of strength. i could not force you from me, and you would not come.

i was afraid, but you were not. you knew your time to arrive, and as the last light danced upon the sky you pushed yourself free and welcomed the world with a mighty boom.

my daughter, my zephyra, you have taught me pain, you have taught me patience, and through both i am bound in love to you.
Messages In This Thread
dear child, - by Nephele - August 06, 2024, 12:05 PM
RE: dear child, - by Nephele - August 06, 2024, 12:06 PM
RE: dear child, - by Nephele - August 06, 2024, 12:06 PM
RE: dear child, - by Anatolia - August 06, 2024, 10:08 PM
RE: dear child, - by Zephyra - August 20, 2024, 10:50 AM
RE: dear child, - by Alasdair - September 02, 2024, 08:07 PM