Wapun Meadow I Dream in Phosphorescence
57 Posts
Ooc — Granite
Her ear twitched with familiarity, the instinct of sound pulling her ear in its direction. Etephyr rejected the idea of something approaching, wanting to just play coy to the steadily growing sound but the woman knew she couldn't afford to be so brazen. Intently, she listened for each foot fall, counting their confident beats. Etephyr could not tell if their confidence was misplaced or if confidence truly embodied their soul. Carefully, the woman hauled herself up onto her elbows, peering through the flowers to see a man approaching. Her chest quickened, rising and falling with greater purpose than before, feeding into the excited pace of her heart. Etephyr had done her best to stray from packs or wolves of any kind, but there was always the chain of inevitability that hung loosely around her neck. And now, it was being pulled, threatening to cinch.

Pushing her feet under her frame, Etephyr stood just as the stranger gave a friendly chuff but his scars caught the woman's eye immediately. She saw them as warnings to his intent. Subsequently, her face reflexively tightened and her stance sharpened to a defensive angle. Her eyes surveyed her chances of fighting and living but her mind reminded her that confidence was fleeting, and that he outweighed her.

"Are you here to drink?" She asked sharply. Etephyr had her fill, she had no need to defend a creek. "Or are you here to bore me with useless conversation?" There was to be no misunderstanding, she had no desire for interaction. It scarcely brought her any good fortune, but each left their own invisible mark to look back upon and learn.
I don't know what's got its teeth in me 
But I'm about to bite back in anger
Thread limit (2/2)
Messages In This Thread
I Dream in Phosphorescence - by Etephyr - August 08, 2024, 02:09 PM
RE: I Dream in Phosphorescence - by Ancelin - August 10, 2024, 10:33 AM
RE: I Dream in Phosphorescence - by Etephyr - August 12, 2024, 04:51 PM
RE: I Dream in Phosphorescence - by Ancelin - August 12, 2024, 05:17 PM
RE: I Dream in Phosphorescence - by Etephyr - August 12, 2024, 07:27 PM
RE: I Dream in Phosphorescence - by Ancelin - August 13, 2024, 03:07 PM
RE: I Dream in Phosphorescence - by Etephyr - August 14, 2024, 10:25 AM
RE: I Dream in Phosphorescence - by Ancelin - August 14, 2024, 11:41 AM