Sun Mote Copse smashed
Moonspear
Babe
128 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Pie’s stomach churned at the thought of food, though she wouldn’t mind a drink. Her mouth tasted awful. Towhee’s easygoing attitude put her at ease, though her cheeks still felt warm as she trailed after the woman, her concerned parents flanking her. She mostly looked at her own shuffling feet at first, though soon enough she began noticing their lovely surroundings.

Towhee motioned toward what looked like a huge ulaq in the distance, its mouth yawning beneath a snarl of tree roots. Pie’s mouth formed an “o,” though before they headed that way, her great grandmother pardoned herself and Sialuk motioned the pup toward a nearby creek, a small offshoot from a little pond they’d just passed.

Tiuttuk bent down to lap at the water, gargling a mouthful before turning to spit it into the grass. She then took a proper drink. She swore she could feel it trickling down her throat to her stomach, cooling and soothing the last vestiges of queasiness.

Is taigh another word for ulaq? It looks so neat, Pie said, licking droplets off her lip as she stared at the cottage over yonder. -“Great grandma!”- she added excitedly when the woman emerged and strode toward the lair. -“Hey! Hey, can’t you hear—”-

No, Pie remembered suddenly, feeling silly. No, Towhee couldn’t hear her. She felt a little rush of embarrassment as she peeked sheepishly at Killdeer and Sialuk, right before she started giggling at herself.
Common Tongue | Atkan Aleut | -Signing-

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
smashed - by Sialuk - August 29, 2024, 03:01 PM
RE: smashed - by Killdeer - August 29, 2024, 03:17 PM
RE: smashed - by Towhee - August 29, 2024, 03:20 PM
RE: smashed - by Treepie - August 30, 2024, 11:08 AM
RE: smashed - by Sialuk - September 04, 2024, 07:53 PM
RE: smashed - by Treepie - September 05, 2024, 12:34 PM
RE: smashed - by Towhee - September 05, 2024, 12:54 PM
RE: smashed - by Sialuk - September 11, 2024, 08:24 PM
RE: smashed - by Treepie - September 12, 2024, 07:11 PM
RE: smashed - by Towhee - September 12, 2024, 07:16 PM