Ouroboros Spine i grieve in stereo, the stereo sounds strange
Moonglow
Tau
23 Posts
Ooc — orion
Unlike Lightfoot, Yuralria had no interest in birds. They were loud and irritating and got all up in her business - like they were doing right now. She had been tasked in preparing a caribou skin to line the guest ulax. It was tedious work, but the skygazing girl had begun to enjoy the repetitiveness of it. First, she would saturate the hide in lakewater and use a sharpened jawbone to scrape off any remaining fat and meat. 

And that was all she had done so far, for a gaggle of brave magpies had begun to caw and peck at the fur as she worked. Yuralria would bare her teeth and snap at them only for them to saunter right back! She had just about had enough when a deafening crash made her visibly jump. Startled, the birds took off into the trees, leaving the girl to wonder what in Sedna's name had made all that noise.

"Are you trying to scare the fish or something?" came Yuralria's scolding yell as she rushed to where her sister now sat bedraggled on the shore. What a bird-brained fool! Although the sun shone warm on the lake, there was a definite chill in the air - her voice softened. "C'mon, you'll get cold if you sit like that for much longer."

It was a welcome break and Yuralria was in no hurry to return to her work, though she really ought to start the drying process soon.
Messages In This Thread
i grieve in stereo, the stereo sounds strange - by Lightfoot - September 13, 2024, 08:45 AM
RE: i grieve in stereo, the stereo sounds strange - by Yuralria - September 13, 2024, 10:02 AM