Nova Peak doomsday party
Loner
129 Posts
Ooc — Kat
A peculiar sound prompted Cambria to slow his step, then stop. His ears quivered as he listened, eyes combing the gloomy air. His nose twitched too, searching for any olfactory clues, though the air barely stirred on this breathless evening. He caught nothing of note.

But then his eyes happened to raise slightly to an outcropping above him, where the last vestiges of sunlight caught on pale patches of what looked like fur. It took Cambria a solid fifteen seconds to make sense of what he was seeing: the shape of a fellow canine, with some sandy golds in her coat that stood out when the rest of her pelt blended almost eerily with the falling night.

He stared for several beats, trying to get the measure of this stranger. He sensed that she was huge, though his limited senses of sight and smell did not offer much further guidance. Cambria would have to resort to using his tongue. (No, he would not taste the unfamiliar she-wolf with it.)

Hello, he began, taking a tentative step forward on his lower shelf of rock, I’m Cambria.

Before he bothered saying anything else, he waved his tail once to indicate his friendly intent. Then Cambria waited, body tense and eyes watchful, for an introduction or any other indication of her own nature.

Please consider the following preferences when writing with me:
• I welcome casual power-play to optimize continuity and flow. Don't miss your chance to infer my character burped, sneezed, etc.
• I love referential tags, so please use them liberally. If you start a thread and tag me for participation, please allow 24-48 hours before proceeding without me. I will do the same for my tagged partners.
• Do not skip me without prior consent. I will also obtain express permission before skipping anyone else. If you want to skip or be skipped, please communicate that clearly beforehand so nobody's left behind or hanging.
• I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for a month. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested! Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply.
Messages In This Thread
doomsday party - by Cambria - October 06, 2024, 07:12 PM
RE: doomsday party - by Bracken - October 10, 2024, 06:23 PM
RE: doomsday party - by Cambria - October 13, 2024, 08:06 PM
RE: doomsday party - by Bracken - October 14, 2024, 10:54 AM