Redhawk Caldera i walked ten thousand miles, ten thousand miles to see you.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Finley's opening line caused Peregrine to freeze, his face suddenly pensive as her story unfurled. For a brief moment, he wondered if Finley was behind his daughter's injuries. But the timeline didn't make sense. It sounded as if Junior had acted upon Dante's decree and kicked Finley off the plateau. Her gall appalled him even as it impressed him. By the sound of it, she'd taken a turn for the worse since he'd last seen her. Finley's use of the term shit show sounded painfully apt.

"But... Junior's okay?" he queried, unable to stop himself from being a father first in this moment. He quickly rectified that by adding, "And you... you're okay?" The swarthy wolf paused to let her answer that before asking, "They let her kick you out...? Dante said you could stay, that his decision wouldn't go into effect until you were ready to come home. What the fuck...?" Peregrine's brow furrowed. This had escalated quickly, hadn't it?

"Well..." he said after a long pause, exhaling. "It's probably best if we avoid them and I can only hope they avoid us too. Even the ones I like. It just sounds like it's gonna be crapshittery all around if we try to mix." His lips drooped into a frown. "This... isn't what I'd hoped for," he admitted, "but what's important is that you are home, where you belong, in one piece. The pack's whole again. We don't need any of those buttsore buttfaces at the plateau..." He laughed, though it didn't quite reach his eyes.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i walked ten thousand miles, ten thousand miles to see you. - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 20, 2014, 09:28 PM