brother sister too, do what you must do -- don't trust people you meet
497 Posts
Ooc — Java
Master Ranger
<style type="text/css">.larus {margin:auto; width:500px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px; font-family: 'Tienne', serif; color: #231d11;} .larus q {color:#9898a0; font-family: Georgia; font-size:12px; font-weight:bold;} .larus p {margin:0px;text-indent:20px;}</style>

The wraith passed by him, around him, swirling like the murk and gloom he had witnessed when the fox had visited; a phantasm of unknown intent. Larus was foolish, for he trusted her despite the apprehension that built within himself. Despite the quarrel she had with the little ruddy creature from a few nights ago. He wanted to keep his eyes on her, but the guilt inside his mind and heart were too heavy. She had rescued him and what was he doing? Looking for a way out - a way to escape her? But she was his friend.

Caiaphas came to a halt, her voice sounding oddly passive as it slid through the air towards him, If you're going back to your home, I won't stop you. The boy lifted his head and his eyes caught upon her reedy limbs as she sat adjacent. Although why you would ever return to a place where your parents abandoned you, I'll never know.

Abandoned? The lie she presented to him was consumed, and as it digested in his mind (since Larus was not exactly a wordsmith, and was too young to fully comprehend the gravity of the claim) a sheen spanned the depths of his vision. He blinked away the potential tears, trying to be strong. Trying to handle this strange concept without allowing befuddlement to worry him. They abandoned me? The parroted word was enunciated with tender care, and the boy looked upon Caiaphas for confirmation - for the pronunciation, as well as the statement itself. And, holding true to his childish naivety, the next question upon his lips was filled with awe: Why?

The fact that it wasn't a question of truth but really one of reasoning was enough to prove where Larus' loyalties lay. He was still quite firmly rooted to Caiaphas, and would believe anything that flowed from his protector's lips.

</style>
Messages In This Thread
RE: brother sister too, do what you must do -- don't trust people you meet - by Larus - November 21, 2014, 09:37 PM