Redhawk Caldera shake your tailfeathers
527 Posts
Ooc — Sydney
Since I got nothing better to do at the moment, I'm going to falsely interpret that as a challenge. >:)

The paragraphs might be a bit skimpy, but I got 7 of them... >:D

It wasn't to hard to climb up the caldera's uneven slope. For Somnia's leg muscles that were accustomed to the fast-paced chase of the hunt, a hike up the topless mountain was nothing! As if to prove it to herself, she picked up the paste a smidgen, a bounce finding it's way into her step.

Pausing for a slight moment, Somnia looked up. Perched atop the caldera was a dainty russet figure. The sun embraced her, making her orange hues more vibrant. This was Somnia's target. The queen of the caldera, keeping a watchful eye over all her fertile lands. As she started moving again, it almost looked like the queen had looked down at her, but from this distance, Somnia couldn't tell if she was looking at her, or a tree a mile away.

A couple minutes later, the many-shades-of-gray wolf emerged from the treeline where the final ridge separated the slope from the top of the caldera. From there, her posture suddenly changed.

Somnia's pace slowed to a stop. Her tail dropped to almost sweep the ground. The grey ears flattened respectfully, and she made sure not to look the alpha in the eyes, regardless of how the grey orbs seemed to sparkle at times. The owner of said eyes barked a greeting, thumping her tail against the earth.

Somnia took this as the go-ahead. Her posture became a little better, although her tail still hung limp while her ears still laid against the back of her head. She closed the distance between them quickly on the uneven ground.

She took a seat besides Fox, lowering her head in respect. Her tail swished slowly across the frozen ground. It seemed to be only the russet and the grey. It wasn't a summoning after all. Unless all the others had been farther away.

With a small whine for a greeting, Somnia explained her case. "I heard the howl and even though it didn't sound like a pack summoning, I came because I figured I would regret it if it had been a summoning. She felt heat flood to her face as she realized a mistake. Some alphas found it disrespectful if you talked before they addressed you. Did the greeting bark count as being addressed? Somnia didn't think so.
Messages In This Thread
shake your tailfeathers - by RIP Fox - November 23, 2014, 03:29 PM
RE: shake your tailfeathers - by Somnia - November 23, 2014, 05:07 PM
RE: shake your tailfeathers - by RIP Fox - November 23, 2014, 06:19 PM
RE: shake your tailfeathers - by Somnia - November 23, 2014, 07:19 PM
RE: shake your tailfeathers - by RIP Fox - November 23, 2014, 09:35 PM
RE: shake your tailfeathers - by Somnia - November 24, 2014, 08:42 PM
RE: shake your tailfeathers - by RIP Fox - November 24, 2014, 10:03 PM
RE: shake your tailfeathers - by Somnia - November 25, 2014, 04:45 PM
RE: shake your tailfeathers - by RIP Fox - November 27, 2014, 11:05 AM
RE: shake your tailfeathers - by Somnia - November 29, 2014, 04:48 PM
RE: shake your tailfeathers - by RIP Fox - November 29, 2014, 06:25 PM