never kill the light inside me
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
She could feel the child's eyes on her, but for the time being, ignored it. Her focus remained on the old pain, her glare pointed and heated. He introduced himself as a "dying old man" and her lip wrinkled back, dissatisfied with this explanation. For all she knew, he was a pedophile who had stuck his parts in the child, or a pervert for collected children to make them dance and sing for him. Aside from that, Horizon Ridge didn't need a wolf dying on their borders. It would bring unwanted questions, including the cause of the man's death. Anyone could smell the sickness on his living body, but when he died and the scent of decay overtook him, there was nothing to say whether they'd strangled him or poisoned him or what.

Though she was not satisfied, she listened as he explained himself. She had no idea what Red Keep was—presumably, something important—nor any idea why she should care what became of the child, but the memory of the voices was soldered into her mind, and she knew she had no choice. Still, it didn't mean she couldn't have fun with it in the meantime... Something she realized when the child's outburst revealed its reluctance.

I sssee, she drawled, glancing down at the cub named Ira, who had identified himself by his voice as male. Tark had also confirmed the child's sex, but that made no difference; whether it was male or female, it was still precious to her gods, for some reason. Of course, Jinx would never reveal that... She was long past giving her religion to heathens to twist and pervert. And what, exactly, makes him so... Mmn, important? Tark had, after all, claimed Ira was important, but none of the backstory really explained why, except that he was a little princeling whose parents had been snuffed out.

That made him no princeling at all.

All the while, Jinx's eyes were turned to the silver-lined youth, anticipating his input when it came to the question of his importance. The child appeared to have a temper, yes, and insolence... Two very compelling traits. Jinx could play puppet master for a wolf with such traits. She could tempt him, tease out those traits and play with them until he was a wolf Sos would be proud of. But first, she had to test them both... And she wanted to strain the old wolf, at least until he relinquished his hold on the cub. Ira would find no love with Jinx, but discipline and food in his belly, sure, she could provide.
Messages In This Thread
never kill the light inside me - by Ira Nox - January 20, 2014, 05:32 PM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Jinx - January 20, 2014, 10:24 PM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Ira Nox - January 21, 2014, 07:10 AM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Jinx - January 21, 2014, 10:14 AM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Ira Nox - January 22, 2014, 06:39 AM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Jinx - January 22, 2014, 12:08 PM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Ira Nox - January 23, 2014, 01:37 PM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Jinx - January 23, 2014, 07:17 PM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Ira Nox - January 24, 2014, 07:58 AM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Jinx - January 24, 2014, 10:33 AM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Ira Nox - January 26, 2014, 06:48 AM