The Sunspire through the dreams and disasters.
i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Though Summer had meant nothing as an insult, he found himself not surprised when Jace took it all as such. He knew his friend's temper was a highly combustible one. The Ostrega's often was as well, but he employed some of the tricks his father had taught him on how to stave off a panic attack now in order to keep from losing his own temper. He had not wanted this to dissolve into a heated argument, and although Jace seemed already too far gone in his anger, Summer was determined not to sink with him.

It was odd, listening to him rant. He had never before realized how low the beta's self-esteem was, for why else would his mind jump to the conclusion that Summer had always had a low opinion of him? He felt a ripple of anger slide down the length of his spine as the man spoke of Summer's chewing on shrooms as though it were some sort of recreational sport, but he found his center again and calmed his bruised nerves. Jace didn't know what Summer had been through and what had truly happened, nor was the boy about to tell him in the midst of their dispute.

Summer didn't move as Jace took a small move forward, hardly flinching from the motion at all when he probably should have. Jace seemed not to notice his defiance as he scoffed and continued with his rant. Again, Summer had to bite his tongue. This time his words would have been driven by sheer bitterness for he'd never attempted to apologize for what he'd said, nor would he. Perhaps it was merely youthful arrogance, but he was sure that Jace would see the wisdom in his words once he'd calmed down.

It was with a steadying breath that the boy centered himself before he again poured over his thoughts and carefully chose his words. He would not hide that he wasn't happy with the decision Jace had made, but he knew that the beta was not in any state to be pushed too much farther lest his emotions fully get the better of him and he lash out physically.

"Jace, I never said that I have a low opinion of you," he said with a heavy and determined sigh, "I would think that my encouraging you not to let go of your rank would have shown that my opinion of you is actually rather high. Much, much higher than yours clearly is." If there was any point he would not give up on impressing on his friend it was this one. The rest could fall by the wayside for now, as what Jace had said was true. Ame had given her blessing already, so what was done was done. There was no sense in arguing further on it. "I know that the decision is yours, but as much as you will insist on making this one, I'm afraid I will insist on disagreeing with it. I suppose we both will need to just deal with it."

With that he fell silent as there was nothing more left upon his tongue. In his mind and in his heart, yes, but that was not a conversation he ever hoped there'd be a need to share.
Open for Commissions! PM me for more info :)
Messages In This Thread
through the dreams and disasters. - by Summer Ostrega - December 03, 2014, 07:59 PM
RE: through the dreams and disasters. - by Jace - December 15, 2014, 09:55 AM
RE: through the dreams and disasters. - by Summer Ostrega - December 17, 2014, 07:39 PM
RE: through the dreams and disasters. - by Jace - December 18, 2014, 09:36 AM
RE: through the dreams and disasters. - by Summer Ostrega - December 19, 2014, 07:25 PM
RE: through the dreams and disasters. - by Jace - December 24, 2014, 11:07 AM
RE: through the dreams and disasters. - by Summer Ostrega - December 28, 2014, 05:24 PM
RE: through the dreams and disasters. - by Jace - December 29, 2014, 11:36 AM
RE: through the dreams and disasters. - by Summer Ostrega - December 29, 2014, 08:03 PM
RE: through the dreams and disasters. - by Jace - December 30, 2014, 10:55 AM
RE: through the dreams and disasters. - by Summer Ostrega - December 30, 2014, 12:42 PM
RE: through the dreams and disasters. - by Jace - December 31, 2014, 01:01 AM
RE: through the dreams and disasters. - by Summer Ostrega - January 01, 2015, 12:50 AM
RE: through the dreams and disasters. - by Jace - January 02, 2015, 12:05 PM