Rising Sun Valley I'll go anywhere you want me
But in the silence I heard you calling out to me
263 Posts
Ooc — Ashur
You just catch him at bad times. I promise, we'll have a fun thread soon :D
Also, can I just say that Néa's new avatar is gorgeous? <3

Malachi took no offence at Scarlett's remark, for he assumed she hadn't meant any. From what he could gather of the woman, she didn't seem a wolf who would knowingly mock another. He had his reasons to stay near the Glacier, and if protecting the members of his pack meant deigning himself to eat the less boisterous prey he caught, then so be it. The other members of Duskfire seemed to venture into the surrounding Valley enough to catch heftier prey, making up for the weaker contribution he made in that regard. Still, he rolled his shoulders and let a grin lace his lips as he replied, "True, but someone's gotta pick off the weak ones so the other hares can fatten up." Her remark of caring for another pleased the boy, for he assumed she meant Linnéa. He'd yet to check on the cinnamon girl and how she was settling in with them, and the knowledge that Scarlett had assumed responsibility in her life made his tail slowly sway at his heels.

"Don't thank me, you earned that yourself." Her priorities now proved just that. Though the times of their encounters had all been somewhat tense, he held no ill-feelings for the woman. True, he did not know her well yet, but she seemed eager to prove herself useful to the pack and to herself, and she did not keep her ambitions to empty words.

Malachi had pulled himself thus far with little hitch, letting his smiles fall where appropriate, and letting his shoulders naturally relax, despite the ever present itch to keep moving. But Scarlett's question of his activity here caused his thoughts to fumble again, and he hesitated in the brief panic that flushed within. But before he could open his mouth, a loud crash caught him rapt and he tore his eyes away from the woman to face this new threat, muscles taught and hackles bristling, eyes wide and thoughts scrambling to make out the predator that came their -

Malachi let his shoulders sag when the terrible predator came into sight, a sprawling heap of legs too long for her own good and body not yet fit for size. By the time she scrambled to her paws, Malachi's hackles had not yet fallen, but his shock had since given way to a befuddled stare and a twitching grin that couldn't decide whether to be amused or concerned. "Linnéa?" In his confusion - for he hadn't expected to find anyone out at this hour, let alone two of his packmates - he did not think to ask if she was alright, but instead cast Scarlett a startled glance, as if she had any foreknowledge to the young girl's sudden arrival.
Trades
[Image: warden.gif][Image: naturalist.gif] 1/5 | [Image: chronicler.gif] 2/5
Messages In This Thread
I'll go anywhere you want me - by Malachi - December 28, 2014, 05:51 PM
RE: I'll go anywhere you want me - by Scarlett - December 29, 2014, 01:10 PM
RE: I'll go anywhere you want me - by Malachi - December 29, 2014, 08:07 PM
RE: I'll go anywhere you want me - by Scarlett - December 30, 2014, 06:51 AM
RE: I'll go anywhere you want me - by Néa - December 30, 2014, 07:08 AM
RE: I'll go anywhere you want me - by Malachi - December 30, 2014, 07:27 PM
RE: I'll go anywhere you want me - by Scarlett - December 31, 2014, 06:20 AM
RE: I'll go anywhere you want me - by Néa - January 01, 2015, 07:37 AM
RE: I'll go anywhere you want me - by Malachi - January 02, 2015, 01:32 PM