never kill the light inside me
<p style="font-size:12px;color:#fff;text-shadow:1px 1px 8px #fff;"><span style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;"><b><i><FONT COLOR="#f8f3dd">w</FONT><FONT COLOR="#f3edd8">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#ece7d2">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#e6e0cc">k</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dfdac6"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#d9d3c0">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#d3cdba">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#ccc6b4">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#c6c0ae">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#bfb9a8">u</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b9b2a2">g</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b3ac9c">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#aca596"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#a69f8f">w</FONT><FONT COLOR="#9f9889">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#999283">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#938b7d">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8c8477"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#867e71">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#7f776b">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#797165">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#736a5f"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#6c6459">f</FONT><FONT COLOR="#665d53">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#5f574d">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#595047">e</FONT></i></b></span></p>
150 Posts
Ooc — Tokio
Tark let out a cough that rattled in his chest, causing Ira to scrunch up his nose. Was it just him or did Tark sound like he was getting worse? When they had fled his cough had been moderate, his energy still fairly good. It seemed to Ira that as soon as they had arrived upon the borders of this…place - where-ever it was that they were - Tark had lost any remaining amounts of energy he’d had. Was losing his more and more of life with every second they lingered there. When the nameless woman turned her attention down to him, Ira did not shy away from her gaze. He had always been brazen, and was not afraid like most pups his age had been. Where they shied behind their parents’ legs, or pointedly avoided eye contact or in some cases conversation, Ira was not accustomed to using anyone as a shield; neither was he adapt at being timid. The woman spoke then, with her eyes still upon Ira, inquiring as to what made him important. Why did there have to be a reason?

"Jus’ ‘cause." Ira replied before Tark could, it seem, even gather enough breath to reply. Ira squinted up at Jinx, having no intentions of accepting that “just because” was not a sufficient answer and therefore having no intentions of elaborating. The fact that he had escaped as far as he had before Tark had found him surely meant he was important somehow. That, or just a good escape artist. “He is a child,” Tark began. “The fact that those who invaded our home had not caught him sneaking out, that I was able to bring him here proves that he has some sort of role to play in the future. Does that not make him important?” Tark asked, tiredly. Ira itched to peek at him, but, at the same time, did not want to take his eyes off of the warrior goddess before him. Whether it was because she was memorizing in her own way, or if he was still annoyed that she asked what made him important.

“If you, or your pack do not want him, speak now. I will take him elsewhere.” At that Ira did break his gaze on Jinx to shoot a dubious look at Tark. He couldn’t even stand, how exactly was he going to take Ira elsewhere? Each breath Tark took caused him to wince in pain, and Ira - vaguely grasping the concept of death - wondered why he was not begging death to take him. It wasn’t as if Ira and him had known each other all that well. Ira scowled deeply at the thought that Tark cared for him, that, that was why he was fighting death’s grip. Death would win, of course, Ira was convinced. Care for was the same thing as love to Ira - any sort of affection would trigger the curse - Tark would die. Ira looked back up at Jinx, ears thrusting forth atop his skull to listen to what she would have to say next.

Messages In This Thread
never kill the light inside me - by Ira Nox - January 20, 2014, 05:32 PM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Jinx - January 20, 2014, 10:24 PM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Ira Nox - January 21, 2014, 07:10 AM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Jinx - January 21, 2014, 10:14 AM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Ira Nox - January 22, 2014, 06:39 AM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Jinx - January 22, 2014, 12:08 PM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Ira Nox - January 23, 2014, 01:37 PM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Jinx - January 23, 2014, 07:17 PM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Ira Nox - January 24, 2014, 07:58 AM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Jinx - January 24, 2014, 10:33 AM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Ira Nox - January 26, 2014, 06:48 AM