never kill the light inside me
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
She chortled when the boy, as expected, piped up in his own defence... But his reason was more lacklustre than she had expected. More importantly, however, was that Tark's reply was also more lacklustre than she had expected. She had thought he would claim Ira was prince of some vast northern pack, and would one day lead them all to utopia. She had thought he would claim Ira was the incarnation of some god, as Cleopatra had been to Isis. As Kaskae embodied Atka, and as Jinx embodied Sos. Perhaps he would claim he was by birthright the ruler of a legion of exceptional wolves with strength and number unquantifiable.

But Tark claimed none of these things. What he said instead made Jinx snort incredulously. He is a child. If it were special for children to go unseen, why, we would be beset by miracles all 'round. If anything, she suspected Ira would have had the single greatest advantage in sneaking away: he was little and inconspicuous on the snow. Tark also seemed to toot his own horn, at least in Jinx's negative opinion: yes, Tark had brought Ira, and had saved him and la-dee-da, but it hardly made Ira important. Jinx sighed heavily, and said, you try my patience, old man. Mediocre achievements like brief lone survival do not an important child make. It appears he still requires you, which makes him no more important than mine own ass, which similarly requires me. Whatever the child had to say to that was ignored.

But it matters not. It's fortunate for you that my godsss have an interest in this child. Who were these gods? Who cared. She would not share her religion, not ever again... And she knew Sos and Atka were disinterested in whether the boy knew of them or simply grew up as their will intended, which Jinx would see to. He is important, yesss... But not for any reason you give. My gods alone know what greatnessss shines in this one. I have Seen him in my vision. In that, her implication: not only did she covet the child for the favour of her gods, but she would have him. Even if Tark had a sudden bad feeling, she would take Ira by force, for he belonged to Sos and Atka.
Messages In This Thread
never kill the light inside me - by Ira Nox - January 20, 2014, 05:32 PM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Jinx - January 20, 2014, 10:24 PM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Ira Nox - January 21, 2014, 07:10 AM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Jinx - January 21, 2014, 10:14 AM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Ira Nox - January 22, 2014, 06:39 AM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Jinx - January 22, 2014, 12:08 PM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Ira Nox - January 23, 2014, 01:37 PM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Jinx - January 23, 2014, 07:17 PM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Ira Nox - January 24, 2014, 07:58 AM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Jinx - January 24, 2014, 10:33 AM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Ira Nox - January 26, 2014, 06:48 AM