Redhawk Caldera Pink pajamas, penguins on the bottom
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
"I was just thinking that I must have landed on it wrong when I was falling," Peregrine mused in reply, "but I actually think this is the foot that got caught up on the rock or root or whatever it was that sent me flying." He licked it, then placed it back on the ground. He put some weight on it experimentally. It ached a bit but it wouldn't really affect him much. "It's fine," he concluded aloud.

Elwood wanted to know what had driven the Alpha male to such distraction. "You, actually," Peregrine said without missing a beat. He waggled his eyebrows, then resumed a more normal expression. "I was thinking about how we have all these great wolves in the caldera, including several potential mated pairs. Back in the day, I prized loyalty above most things but now... I don't know. I'd like for everyone to stay but some of you would make awesome Alphas and parents. I'd never want to hold anybody back from that but, unfortunately, we can't just let everyone breed willy nilly, no matter how much we like them. And, obviously, there can only be two Alphas..."

He trailed off there, eyes flicking from his tender foot to Elwood's face. His eyes searched his Beta's, wondering what this issue looked like from the (probable) other side of the fence. He and Fox wouldn't be stepping aside anytime soon; this was their handpicked territory, after all. Nor would they be sharing breeding rights with just anyone. Inevitably, this would lead to some of the wolves splintering off to form their own family packs. It made him sad but it was just the fact of the matter. And these days, he really couldn't bring himself to hold it against anyone if they followed the example he and Fox had set.
Messages In This Thread
Pink pajamas, penguins on the bottom - by Elwood - January 12, 2015, 08:49 PM
RE: Pink pajamas, penguins on the bottom - by Elwood - January 14, 2015, 11:19 PM
RE: Pink pajamas, penguins on the bottom - by Elwood - January 15, 2015, 02:49 PM
RE: Pink pajamas, penguins on the bottom - by Peregrine Redhawk - January 15, 2015, 03:08 PM
RE: Pink pajamas, penguins on the bottom - by Elwood - January 15, 2015, 04:50 PM
RE: Pink pajamas, penguins on the bottom - by Elwood - January 15, 2015, 10:15 PM
RE: Pink pajamas, penguins on the bottom - by Elwood - January 16, 2015, 02:30 PM
RE: Pink pajamas, penguins on the bottom - by Elwood - January 17, 2015, 04:20 PM
RE: Pink pajamas, penguins on the bottom - by Elwood - January 19, 2015, 04:46 PM
RE: Pink pajamas, penguins on the bottom - by Elwood - January 20, 2015, 03:08 PM
RE: Pink pajamas, penguins on the bottom - by Elwood - January 21, 2015, 09:38 PM
RE: Pink pajamas, penguins on the bottom - by Elwood - January 23, 2015, 09:15 PM
RE: Pink pajamas, penguins on the bottom - by Elwood - January 24, 2015, 06:27 PM