Blacktail Deer Plateau It's wild like the river, it's warm like the sun
214 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Pretty certain I need more Kat threads in my life! :D

He heard his brother's voice rend the silence, dark, mournful ripples of longing and emptiness reverberating through the still, wintry air. His heart stirred within him as the notes of that sad howl tugged at him, urged him to join and weave his own song of sorrow into Peregrine's cry. His tongue itched, his throat spasmed involuntarily, and a low, choked whine caught piteously in his throat. He missed her too. He missed her so much. He hoped she was somewhere in this vast, expansive valley, searching for them right this very moment, and that Peregrine's howl would fall on her ears and lead her to those who loved her the most.

Swallowing his stalled voice, he found his brother in the woods not far off. The howl had long since died, but it still resonated powerfully in his heart. Lifting his tail and waving it at his littermate, Atticus whiffed softly as he approached. "I miss her too," he commented, falling into step alongside his green-eyed, salty-tongued sibling. "I wonder if she'll come."
Messages In This Thread
RE: It's wild like the river, it's warm like the sun - by Atticus - January 27, 2014, 05:28 PM