never kill the light inside me
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Her strides were long as they delved deeper into the territory, but she didn't consider the child who would have to keep up with her. It was his job to keep up, with his boundless energy, not hers to slow down. Besides, she thought bitterly, walking slowly and leisurely seemed to do less good for her burning injuries than walking relatively briskly did; she could get it over with quickly, rather than prolonging the moments of pain when her skin stretched, or her sides jostled. Ira appeared hooked on the idea of a bird, and although it hadn't been what Jinx meant, she supposed he was right. "Yes, princeling, a king may have whatsoever he wishes... But a crow is the smartest bird. A crow can sense death miles away, and they signal it to their brethren, including wolves." Ravens were more solitary, but also good carrion birds. She did not say anything of ravens.

"Jinx is my name, Mambo my title," she clarified, not realizing the source of Ira's confusion. "Just as Ira is your name and Prince your title." When he identified a name he would like to be called, she was reminded of a few similar sounding things: Aktaie, the Siren Queen whose society had been corrupted by a girlchild; Kaskae, Jinx's vicious elder sister who likely still wished she had slain Jinx in her sleep; and Aether, a name she recalled from her mother's mouth, but whose significance was lacking. "Aethon is a good name," she said slowly, "but Ira rings stronger. Where I am from, such a name would sound grand."
Messages In This Thread
never kill the light inside me - by Ira Nox - January 20, 2014, 05:32 PM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Jinx - January 20, 2014, 10:24 PM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Ira Nox - January 21, 2014, 07:10 AM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Jinx - January 21, 2014, 10:14 AM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Ira Nox - January 22, 2014, 06:39 AM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Jinx - January 22, 2014, 12:08 PM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Ira Nox - January 23, 2014, 01:37 PM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Jinx - January 23, 2014, 07:17 PM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Ira Nox - January 24, 2014, 07:58 AM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Jinx - January 24, 2014, 10:33 AM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Ira Nox - January 26, 2014, 06:48 AM