Redhawk Caldera face the facts
run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
She had been home— home!— for nearly two weeks, now, but Magpie had kept to the outskirts. Fox had made it clear she was welcome, a full-fledged member of Redhawk, Peregrine be damned... but the yearling had yet to be convinced. Her initial arrival had been so unintentionally dramatic, she couldn't help but feel like it was only her sister that truly wanted her to be here. Magpie was certain that she wasn't helping her case by sulking about, participating from afar— but she assumed Peregrine and Fox were busy preparing for the arrival of their children, and she didn't want to get in the way or overstep her bounds.

This morning, though, she awoke with a confidence. Peregrine might not think much of her, but Fox was her sister, and the pups she carried were Magpie's nieces and nephews. Although the Corvidae were more forgiving when it came to their members nomadic habits, her mother had made it clear that there was nothing more important than family. And Magpie was determined to be an involved aunt, to be there for her sister's children no matter what— to be a role model and guiding figure in their lives, especially when they eventually fought with their parents and felt they had nowhere else to turn.

So, before this wave of determination and confidence left her, Magpie made her way to the heart of the caldera in search of the patriarch— when he was not immediately present, Magpie swallowed hard against her nerves, then threw back her head to request @Peregrine 's presence with a short howl. She made sure to convey that it was no emergency; that if he had more pressing concerns to tend to, which seemed likely, she would seek him out another time. Part of her hoped that would be the case, but she knew she would need to face him sooner or later.

Edit for typos... so many typos when posting at work... >__>
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!
Messages In This Thread
face the facts - by OG Magpie - February 16, 2015, 03:10 PM
RE: face the facts - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 16, 2015, 03:43 PM
RE: face the facts - by OG Magpie - February 16, 2015, 03:51 PM
RE: face the facts - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 16, 2015, 06:45 PM
RE: face the facts - by OG Magpie - February 18, 2015, 09:12 PM
RE: face the facts - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 19, 2015, 08:54 AM
RE: face the facts - by OG Magpie - February 19, 2015, 03:25 PM
RE: face the facts - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 19, 2015, 03:34 PM
RE: face the facts - by OG Magpie - February 19, 2015, 03:53 PM
RE: face the facts - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 19, 2015, 03:58 PM
RE: face the facts - by OG Magpie - February 19, 2015, 04:05 PM