Kintla Flatlands put me on the front line
27 Posts
Ooc — Ku
For @Jaws ~!

However long it had been since they had escaped that facility, he didn't know. All of the days had bled into each other. The band that they had been was dwindling, he felt, as time had gone on long enough that seeing the comrades he had days before were now less and less. Occasionally, he heard their baying in the night, but he also heard the wolves. Wolves, he thought bitterly. While the essence of newfound freedom was especially good, there were times when Twister found he would have much rather stayed in the confines of the facility. Let them do their testing. Let them do whatever it was that they wanted.

Because compared to this, he never knew when his end was coming. Death could have literally been right around the corner. For some, he knew without a doubt that it had been. It was like being at war again, only this time his enemy knew the lay of the land better than he ever would. A poor ruddy stream offered him a drink on the rainy day, and an unmistakable touch of coldness had settled upon his dirty coat. He was so very thin now, so tired, but still he pressed on. He had hoped that out here, somewhere on that vast, seemingly empty plain, there would be a carcass not too riddled by death and decay. Something he could pull scraps from. Twister feared that there were not enough of them to try and bully the wolves now for purchase of anything.
alexander ebert — truth
Messages In This Thread
put me on the front line - by Twister - February 19, 2015, 04:30 PM
RE: put me on the front line - by Jaws - February 19, 2015, 06:13 PM
RE: put me on the front line - by Twister - February 23, 2015, 04:01 PM
RE: put me on the front line - by Jaws - February 24, 2015, 12:45 PM
RE: put me on the front line - by Twister - February 26, 2015, 10:54 PM
RE: put me on the front line - by Jaws - February 27, 2015, 03:01 PM
RE: put me on the front line - by Twister - February 27, 2015, 04:30 PM
RE: put me on the front line - by Jaws - February 27, 2015, 06:03 PM
RE: put me on the front line - by Twister - February 28, 2015, 04:07 PM
RE: put me on the front line - by Jaws - February 28, 2015, 08:14 PM